brenthutch

ESG is…

ES Gone.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/vanguards-ceo-bucks-the-esg-orthodoxy-tim-buckley-net-zero-emissions-united-nations-initiative-nzam-f6ae910d

The financial community is finally waking up to the fact their job is making money NOT paying tribute to the nonsensical woke and climate crazy agenda.

Edited by brenthutch

If you decide to not dump your used motor oil into the sink in the McDonald's next door - that's ESG.

If you figure you should take your trash to the dump and recycling center instead of dumping it on that abandoned lot you saw last night - that's ESG.

If you set up a program so your employees can go to school and improve themselves without having to quit - that's ESG.

Which means that far right republicans hate it with every fiber of their being.

7 hours ago, billvon said:

If you decide to not dump your used motor oil into the sink in the McDonald's next door - that's ESG.

If you figure you should take your trash to the dump and recycling center instead of dumping it on that abandoned lot you saw last night - that's ESG.

If you set up a program so your employees can go to school and improve themselves without having to quit - that's ESG.

My post was in regard to ESG as it applies to finance (but you knew that).  With that in mind let’s take a look at how ESF funds perform. 

“Although the highest rated funds in terms of sustainability certainly attracted more capital than the lowest rated funds, none of the high sustainability funds outperformed any of the lowest rated funds.”

Oops! It looks like not so well:`(

https://hbr.org/2022/03/an-inconvenient-truth-about-esg-investing

Lefties love their virtue signaling but when it comes to their personal finance they sing a different tune. (And in perfect harmony with those rascally Republicans I might add) 

3 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

My post was in regard to ESG as it applies to finance (but you knew that).  With that in mind let’s take a look at how ESF funds perform. 

“Although the highest rated funds in terms of sustainability certainly attracted more capital than the lowest rated funds, none of the high sustainability funds outperformed any of the lowest rated funds.”

Oops! It looks like not so well:`(

https://hbr.org/2022/03/an-inconvenient-truth-about-esg-investing

Lefties love their virtue signaling but when it comes to their personal finance they sing a different tune. (And in perfect harmony with those rascally Republicans I might add) 

As ever, you are projecting. Your ethos is getting yours whilst the getting is good. The idea that someone might act in a manner that is in some degree adverse to their situation is anathema to your world view. Tobacco stocks are winners historically but I wouldn’t own a share, would you? Do you or have you? Same with your gun addiction. There could never be too many school shootings or any other societal offense to where you’d give an inch. And it’s not because of a strongly held constitutional principle, no matter your claims to the contrary. It’s because you like your guns and what is good for you is what is most important. It’s how you roll. Others roll differently but for you it’s just another unintelligible language you never took time to understand.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

There could never be too many school shootings or any other societal offense to where you’d give an inch. 

If the inch I gave would stop one shooting, school or otherwise, I would gladly do so. The problem is that I am not the problem.  Let’s ask the mayor of NYC what the problem is…

https://www.politico.com/newsletters/new-york-playbook-pm/2023/02/28/eric-adams-when-we-took-prayers-out-of-schools-guns-came-into-schools-00084832

18 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

If the inch I gave would stop one shooting, school or otherwise, I would gladly do so. The problem is that I am not the problem.  Let’s ask the mayor of NYC what the problem is…

https://www.politico.com/newsletters/new-york-playbook-pm/2023/02/28/eric-adams-when-we-took-prayers-out-of-schools-guns-came-into-schools-00084832

You’re not the problem—individually. But people exactly like you are definitely the problem. Just like ESG or anything else that can make a positive difference, someone needs to start the evolution. But you can’t because you could never risk losing something in pursuit of something important fearing that others didn’t follow your lead. In your way of thinking that would be the ultimate bad outcome: a loss with only an ethical gain to show for your efforts.

1 hour ago, JoeWeber said:

You’re not the problem—individually. But people exactly like you are definitely the problem. Just like ESG or anything else that can make a positive difference,

Only in the lefty brain is failure a positive.  Success is vilified while failure is seen as noble. 
 “If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it, if it stops moving, subsidize it.”

This philosophy can be seen in the Inflation Reduction Act, where we will spend nearly a trillion dollars to fight climate change with zero impact on the climate.

3 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

Tobacco stocks are winners historically but I wouldn’t own a share, would you? 

Of course he would.  If dumping his tobacco stocks could save the life of one American, he'd gladly do it, but he sees no connection between tobacco and health, because he had a friend who smoked 5 packs a day and lived to be 100.  And the guy was black and gay, so he's not racist or anti-LGBT either.

4 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

Tobacco stocks are winners historically but I wouldn’t own a share, would you? Do you or have you? 

I don’t know, I have a financial advisor who handles the stock/bond part of my portfolio and she does a great job.  

5 hours ago, brenthutch said:

Only in the lefty brain is failure a positive.  Success is vilified while failure is seen as noble. 
 “If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it, if it stops moving, subsidize it.”

This philosophy can be seen in the Inflation Reduction Act, where we will spend nearly a trillion dollars to fight climate change with zero impact on the climate.

Per procedure, you’ve veered off course again, making hash of a point to deflect away from the hard truth. Think paying it forward, looking for a return later. Some people plant seeds, some rob fruit.