andym148

Amputee Skidivers

Hey,

If you ever find your stuck and can't quite get the hang of something and find you're beating yourself up over it. Please take sometime to watch this, and learn to give yourself so slack.

Over the last 3 years we have been taking wounded servicemen (no women so far...yet), and teaching them the freedom of flight. We decided to put together a documentary of this years trip, to show whats possible when you put your mind too it.

The British Limbless Ex Serviceman's Association (BLESMA) supports injured British servicemen and women, this is just one of their many activities they conduct throughout the year.

This year marked the first time we'd ever taught a triple amputee to skydive (both legs above the knee and right lower arm), they all managed to complete their course and prove lots of people wrong who said it couldn't be done!

Please take 30 mins of your time to watch, be a little humbled, and appreciate the beauty of our sport. Please share around your skydiving friends.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOrMXiUaCvA

Many Thanks,

Andy
At long last the light at the end of the tunell isnt an on coming train!!!

Andy,
I can't begin to express what an inspiration it has been to watch the BLESMA Transformers going through the paces, and the skills, attitude, excitement, and achievements you and your team bring with you.
Thanks for sharing the docco, wish I'd known you were making it!

That was the greatest thing I've seen in a long while. Incredible project and incredible results. I'll happily eat a dose of your humble pie.

Amputee or not there was one line in there that I think a lot of us can relate to:
"The first time I was freefall was the best feeling I think I've ever had..."