brenthutch

Lightfoot Looses

(edited)
27 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

Blames the racist, misogynist, homophobic Democrats of Chicago. Another example of the failure of identity politics.

She reminds me of the applicant for the radio announcer job: They di-di-di-didn't hire me 'cause I'm j-j-j-Jewish.

Edited by winsor

39 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

Blames the racist, misogynist, homophobic Democrats of Chicago. Another example of the failure of identity politics.

If a powerful Democrat’s family were to die you’d rejoice or talk about how it’s payback for some democrat-ness

Wendy P. 

21 minutes ago, winsor said:

She reminds me of the applicant for the radio announcer job: They di-di-di-didn't hire me 'cause I'm j-j-j-Jewish.

In the stories I read she was gracious in defeat although the campaign was quite nasty.

2 hours ago, wmw999 said:

If a powerful Democrat’s family were to die you’d rejoice or talk about how it’s payback for some democrat-ness

Wendy P. 

Don’t hate on me, hate on the Chicago Democrats who gave her the boot despite her gold medal in intersectionality.

14 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

Don’t hate on me, hate on the Chicago Democrats who gave her the boot despite her gold medal in intersectionality.

A democrat lost to democrats due to identity politics? But I thought Democrats loved identity politics?

(edited)
1 hour ago, kallend said:

Chicago resident here.  She was incompetent and deserved to lose.

As a Left leaning cis, white, straight, male; are you even allowed to opine on such matters?  I can just hear the Social Justice Warriors bellowing “Stay in your lane Bruh!”

Edited by brenthutch

2 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

A democrat lost to democrats due to identity politics? But I thought Democrats loved identity politics?

Something something false flag operation something.

Up next - BH quickly tries to change the subject.

16 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

As a Left leaning cis, white, straight, male; are you even allowed to opine on such matters?  I can just hear the Social Justice Warriors bellowing “Stay in your lane Bruh!”

Yeah, why listen to the opinions of actual people on the left when you can just project the Fox News caricature of lefties...Simpler than actually listening and/or thinking, I guess.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

These things just never go the way you want them to, huh?

1 hour ago, SkyDekker said:

They loved identity politics enough to elect her, just not enough to keep her.  The Ds talk a good game as long as they don’t have to deal with the fallout from their failed policies. “A Liberal is just one mugging away from becoming a Conservative”

1 minute ago, brenthutch said:

They loved identity politics enough to elect her, just not enough to keep her.  The Ds talk a good game as long as they don’t have to deal with the fallout from their failed policies. “A Liberal is just one mugging away from becoming a Conservative”

That is a lot of circles to walk around to keep your preconceived notion alive.

Just now, brenthutch said:

Maybe they elected her because they wanted what she said she could provide. It's possible that women can, in fact, sometimes be effective leaders -- even minorities. Or in your mind is it only possible to elect a woman because she's a woman, and not for anything she actually represents? Or is that only true of Democratic women and minorities, because, of course, all men and Republicans are elected entirely and exclusively on their merits.

Wendy P.

(edited)
11 minutes ago, wmw999 said:

Maybe they elected her because they wanted what she said she could provide. It's possible that women can, in fact, sometimes be effective leaders -- even minorities. Or in your mind is it only possible to elect a woman because she's a woman, and not for anything she actually represents? Or is that only true of Democratic women and minorities, because, of course, all men and Republicans are elected entirely and exclusively on their merits.

Wendy P.

Explain this 

image.jpeg.470f3909f48c15908ff465e9dec1a9a1.jpeg
https://voz.us/is-karine-jean-pierre-the-worst-press-secretary-in-history/?lang=en

Edited by brenthutch

4 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

That is a lot of circles to walk around to keep your preconceived notion alive.

Did you not see the fawning press that dwelt on her “First’s?”  First Woman, first person of color, first gay…no mention of her record or credentials. (At least not during Morning Joe on MSNBC or at anytime on NPR.

1 minute ago, brenthutch said:

Did you not see the fawning press that dwelt on her “First’s?”  First Woman, first person of color, first gay…

Almost as fawning as the right wing press when it finds a woman who likes guns, or who has a personal story about how she was hurt by "wokeness."

1 minute ago, billvon said:

Almost as fawning as the right wing press when it finds a woman who likes guns, or who has a personal story about how she was hurt by "wokeness."

Yes, but that fictional character from your imagination was not the first incumbent mayor of Chicago to loose reelection in more than four decades.

53 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

Did you not see the fawning press that dwelt on her “First’s?”  First Woman, first person of color, first gay…no mention of her record or credentials. (At least not during Morning Joe on MSNBC or at anytime on NPR.

Funny enough when the first person landed on the moon nobody was wondering why they weren't talking about his qualifications.

When Santos got elected and all his "qualifications" turned out to be fake, the story was that he was elected and that is all that mattered.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, brenthutch said:

Pot met kettle 

The fuck you talking about??? Can you point out one time where I tried to school you on 'how conservatives be'? I know research isn't really your jam, but I thought you had a little more than 'I know you are but what am I?'

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SkyDekker said:

Funny enough when the first person landed on the moon nobody was wondering why they weren't talking about his qualifications.

When Santos got elected and all his "qualifications" turned out to be fake, the story was that he was elected and that is all that mattered.

The qualifications of the early astronauts was widely publicized.  Watch the movie The Right Stuff to get an idea.

When Santos got elected the story was nothing but his qualifications (or lack there of). 
Had he been a Democrat, just being gay would have sufficed, however a Republican is expected to bring more to the table. That said he did nothing worse than our current President.

“1. Joe says he gave the Purple Heart to his Uncle Frank while serving as VP.

2. In October he claimed the price of gas was down from over $5 when he took office.

3. Biden said student loan forgiveness was passed “by a vote of two." It was an executive decree that the courts have since blocked as unconstitutional.

4. When he took office there was “no Covid vaccine available."

5. As a youth “I got arrested" for protesting Civil rights.

I’ve not even bothered to go back into the historical archives to bring forward such things as his admitted plagiarisms, lying about his scholastic record in college or his encounter with “Corn Pop." These things can all be further researched with a simple Google search.”

3 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

The qualifications of the early astronauts was widely publicized.  Watch the movie The Right Stuff to get an idea.

When Santos got elected the story was nothing but his qualifications (or lack there of). 
Had he been a Democrat, just being gay would have sufficed, however a Republican is expected to bring more to the table. That said he did nothing worse than our current President.

“1. Joe says he gave the Purple Heart to his Uncle Frank while serving as VP.

2. In October he claimed the price of gas was down from over $5 when he took office.

3. Biden said student loan forgiveness was passed “by a vote of two." It was an executive decree that the courts have since blocked as unconstitutional.

4. When he took office there was “no Covid vaccine available."

5. As a youth “I got arrested" for protesting Civil rights.

I’ve not even bothered to go back into the historical archives to bring forward such things as his admitted plagiarisms, lying about his scholastic record in college or his encounter with “Corn Pop." These things can all be further researched with a simple Google search.”

Why does your font change halfway through the post? Are you cutting and pasting in stead of thinking and typing?

8 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

Why does your font change halfway through the post? Are you cutting and pasting in stead of thinking and typing?

No, I am providing backup to my assertions. Did you fail to notice the quotation marks? I didn’t change the font to further indicate it was copied. Obviously that was not enough for you to pickup on.

This might help 

https://www.joplinglobe.com/opinion/letters_to_the_editor/your-view-lets-not-overlook-joe-bidens-lies/article_5757f8b0-8cfe-11ed-831e-9fca994029e5.html

41 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

Had he been a Democrat, just being gay would have sufficed, however a Republican is expected to bring more to the table.

Sadly, what republicans expected him to bring to the table was apparently a life of crime and lies.  He delivered, and they are now happy.  They have a new Trump to admire.

Remember when Obama was born in Hawaii, and republicans said that therefore he wasn't a US citizen?  It was the #1 talking point of all his republican opponent's campaigns, and continued for years afterwards, long after Obama produced his US birth certificate.  Conservatives here demanded his birth certificate incessantly even after he produced it, and demanded his resignation on that basis.

Santos has bragged to co-workers in his past that he was born in Brazil and spent most of his life there - despite the requirement that any US representative be a US citizen for seven years.

And republicans haven't made a peep about birth certificates or naturalization papers.

What a bunch of hypocrites.