GooniesKid

Instructor crush?

Please post a link to the staff page of the DZ where you jump.

Thx

Hillson, I think i'll refrain from posting the staff roster. I think if she does find out i don't want her blow things out of proportion, or tell her (maybe) rigger bf/husband, or make her lose her professional composure by thinking "oh my god, i have a student stalker".
I hope that makes sense. If anything I jump out of the Western region of the united states :|

Might want to make sure she's not the wife/girlfriend of the local rigger first as well. :ph34r:

I agree. I dont even know if she's attached atm and i wouldn't want to overstep those bounds..especially if the one she's attached to is a rigger, rigging my 'chute until I can pack by myself, right?

First off, riggers ain't packing your main, it's more than likely a PACKER and they will screw anything that moves and they ain't going to get mad, they just wait their turn and are not picky. :D

You really need to let us evaluate your risk here so POST PICTURES OF HER. The community will let you know how to proceed and since you are in the west, we will let you know before you hit on Valinda because her husband could be the Guns & Ammo editor. ;)

Pictures of boobs are the best as to better evaluate your chances.
It's called the Hillbilly Hop N Pop dude.
If you're gonna be stupid, you better be tough.
That's fucked up. Watermelons do not grow on trees! ~Skymama

Look at this another way. She will go out with you a few times then you guys do a few 2ways ect ect, but then shit didn't work out for some reason, hard feelings, ect. Will you go to your DZ after that? Do you have another DZ nearby? I do have a few good looking girls at work, but I will never ask them out because I know that there might be consequences. B| But also you may ended up just being friends. I think skydiving chicks are not drama queens, but a lot of guys are :ph34r:

By the way, if you being shy and can't approach her, just buy her 10 jump tickets and most likely she will ask you out first ;)

Look at this another way. She will go out with you a few times then you guys do a few 2ways ect ect, but then shit didn't work out for some reason, hard feelings, ect. Will you go to your DZ after that? Do you have another DZ nearby? I do have a few good looking girls at work, but I will never ask them out because I know that there might be consequences. B| But also you may ended up just being friends. I think skydiving chicks are not drama queens, but a lot of guys are :ph34r:

By the way, if you being shy and can't approach her, just buy her 10 jump tickets and most likely she will ask you out first ;)

You do have a great point...IF things went south then yeah, i'd be uncomfortable going back to the DZ,,,eventhough i have friends that go to the same DZ. Then alliances would be made and i think the overall vibe (for me) would be all weird..which would result in me eventually finding another DZ of which there is no other DZ that would be close.
And I'd hate for her to leave the DZ because of bad vibes cuz let's face it, she's more senior, has the backing of the other instructors and community.

But IF it went ok, then it would have been worth it :D

Also, heh - reality check here. If you're a dude, in an AFF class, with almost no jumping experience and no time around the sport - you are gonna have to be exceptionally amazing as a person in personality, looks or both to get her attention.

It's like 2:1 dudes to chicks (or worse) on a dropzone, she likely has more attention than she knows what to do with.
:)

you can find a million excuses not to ask out any girl you see anywhere.

not just at a dropzone.

this is exactly the type of attitude that keeps you at the corner of the dance floor.

you can find a million excuses not to ask out any girl you see anywhere.

not just at a dropzone.

this is exactly the type of attitude that keeps you at the corner of the dance floor.

Word to that!
I know I have a big time crush on one of my AFFI's. Now that Im on a break with my girlfriend of 5 years, I think she may get some extra attention next time Im at the DZ.
I fly and stuff, its fun!

And everytime she'd get close to me my heart would start to beat really fast.

Don't worry, super-skilled female skydivers have that effect on me too ;)

But, consider this: like the girl behind the bar, your instructor is put into personal contact with a lot of men as part of her job, and has to be (somewhat) nice to them. Who she interacts with is not her choice, so it's not strictly a social situation.

Whether or not it's a good idea to have that vibe between a student and a teacher, there's also the consideration of, is this good manners? I've always considered bar staff to be off-limits while on duty for the same kind of reason.

Definitely wait 'til after your training is over :)
--
"I'll tell you how all skydivers are judged, . They are judged by the laws of physics." - kkeenan

"You jump out, pull the string and either live or die. What's there to be good at?

Give her a kiss in freefall. If that goes well you should be able to get her to atleast do a 2 or 3 way with you

See if you can adjust her chest strap, then zip down her jump suit.

Then "rescue" her by pulling the cut away handle and she will be thanking you for it the same evening.

Ask her to bring a female friend to your cabin and make some 3 way coaching videos for us all to see.

Then you have a keeper.

hmmmm. western dz. with no other dz around.

who is the hot affi at skydive AZ???

Well, technically, there's like 2 other DZs close to SDAZ, and a couple more a little further north.

This being said, tehre are several hot AFFI certifies instructors at SDAZ. Good luck with them tho ;).
Remster

You do have a great point...IF things went south then yeah, i'd be uncomfortable going back to the DZ,,,eventhough i have friends that go to the same DZ. Then alliances would be made and i think the overall vibe (for me) would be all weird..which would result in me eventually finding another DZ of which there is no other DZ that would be close.
And I'd hate for her to leave the DZ because of bad vibes cuz let's face it, she's more senior, has the backing of the other instructors and community.

But IF it went ok, then it would have been worth it :D

Not asking someone out because you jump at the same place is stupid IMHO. So if we aren't supposed to date anyone at our work, or our dropzone, or our main social circle... who the hell are are we supposed to date? Complete strangers with no similar interests?

My suggestion would be to wait till you're off student status. Do your homework to find out if she's taken already (or even straight). Then ask her out. If it works awesome. If it doesn't, oh well continue to treat her like any other human being and find another cutie at the DZ ;)

I'll probably ask her out at some point after my AFF class. I dig her personality, looks, and attitude but i think if i have feelings for her it might distract me and i can miss some key information/lesson she is trying to explain (considering if i have her again as an instructor).
Wait a sec, is it true that i would have to wait (figuratively speaking of course)? There's no way it can be that easy is it? I know it's premature, but if i were to go out with her i think it'd be for the long haul instead of a one nite stand kind of thing.

On a dropzone when it comes to chicks its snooze you lose, ask her now!
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Plus that'll give the OP enough time to figure out if she's even single. One important thing to note is that a lot of married folks don't wear their wedding rings while jumping for various reasons (safety, risk of losing the ring, etc.) Probably want to know if she's one of them.

Might want to make sure she's not the wife/girlfriend of the local rigger first as well. :ph34r:

+1 :D:D:D
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Ha, this is THE funniest thread ever.

Should be sticky at the top of the forum...

who is the hot affi at skydive AZ???

Who isn't!!!?

I saw a guy on student status doing a solo belly (sits right next to the big freefly group) try to pick up (name redacted) on the plane with some macho-ness!! To her credit, she didn't flinch, she was totally a steely eyed professional.
Another guy on the load whispered some words of advice to Mr. Macho that went something like:
"When you see a person with custom embroidered gear, a rig that is smaller than most girls' purse, organizing a big way freefly group and runs to the tram with their other rig after having just landed-swooping the entire length of the landing area...you need to rethink your macho strategy. Try flowers or beer instead"

SDAZ has some good looking skydivers, both men and women!!
They could do a calendar "Hot in the desert sun: SDAZ"
A couple might even be single
Spot before you jump...
There are no dangerous dives
Only dangerous divers