GooniesKid

Instructor crush?

what's going on skydiving friends and community!
AFF class is going very well this summer! Usually on every AFF level i've had different instructors. But, a few weeks ago I was paired with a female instructor...and i think i have a huge crush on her. All throughout the ground course i couldn't make eye contact (cuz i'm generally a shy person). And everytime she'd get close to me my heart would start to beat really fast.

Is it ok for a student to ask their instructors out? Any way i can approach her to even ask her out?

I know it's not really skydiving related but i'm hoping the skydiving community can help out.

Salude!

AFF class is going very well this summer! Usually on every AFF level i've had different instructors. But, a few weeks ago I was paired with a female instructor...and i think i have a huge crush on her. All throughout the ground course i couldn't make eye contact (cuz i'm generally a shy person). And everytime she'd get close to me my heart would start to beat really fast.

Is it ok for a student to ask their instructors out? Any way i can approach her to even ask her out?

I know it's not really skydiving related but i'm hoping the skydiving community can help out.

Salude!

Some DZ's have rules against it. Mostly cause it's typically going the other way, male instructor trying to sleep with impressionable girl students.

Also, heh - reality check here. If you're a dude, in an AFF class, with almost no jumping experience and no time around the sport - you are gonna have to be exceptionally amazing as a person in personality, looks or both to get her attention.

It's like 2:1 dudes to chicks (or worse) on a dropzone, she likely has more attention than she knows what to do with.

That said, hey - you never know if you don't ask right? :)
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka

Salude!

Some DZ's have rules against it. Mostly cause it's typically going the other way, male instructor trying to sleep with impressionable girl students.

Also, heh - reality check here. If you're a dude, in an AFF class, with almost no jumping experience and no time around the sport - you are gonna have to be exceptionally amazing as a person in personality, looks or both to get her attention.

It's like 2:1 dudes to chicks (or worse) on a dropzone, she likely has more attention than she knows what to do with.

That said, hey - you never know if you don't ask right? :)

Hey Fast, thanks for insight. I think that's what i was eluding to..if there is any rules when it comes to a student asking an instructor out.
And you are right...more guys than girls out there and i'm sure she is getting more attention that she is immune or just shuts it out during her work day. I just didn't want to be known as the student that tried to ask his instructor out on a date and failed miserably.

I thought this thread was going to be about the attraction you get to your instructor in the plane. I've had that lots of times. I though it was well documented, but oh well. I don't think there's anything wrong with a genuine attraction between OP and his/her instructor, and it's nothing that a massive experience gap would stop.

HI kid

Don't sweat the rules lots of instructors date/marry their students, some do it even more than once.

But your a dude and your name isn't Tiger Woods, John Edwards, Bill Gates, #2 etc.

On a happy note you will never know until you ask. Go for it:P

R.

I'll probably ask her out at some point after my AFF class. I dig her personality, looks, and attitude but i think if i have feelings for her it might distract me and i can miss some key information/lesson she is trying to explain (considering if i have her again as an instructor).
Wait a sec, is it true that i would have to wait (figuratively speaking of course)? There's no way it can be that easy is it? I know it's premature, but if i were to go out with her i think it'd be for the long haul instead of a one nite stand kind of thing.

Salude!

Wait til you have a license and are no longer are a student. Gender doesn't matter a whit here, it's a learning thing. You'll listen better to someone you are not going out with, that's just the way it is. It sets up an awkward vibe when a student (as in pre A license) is dating one of the staff.

Consider it incentive to get your A quickly :)

Do or do not, there is no try -Yoda

Salude!

Wait til you have a license and are no longer are a student. Gender doesn't matter a whit here, it's a learning thing. You'll listen better to someone you are not going out with, that's just the way it is. It sets up an awkward vibe when a student (as in pre A license) is dating one of the staff.

I know what you mean. I felt totally awkward and at times I couldn't concentrate on what she was saying. I was literally awe struck. Thats why I entertained the idea of just concentrating on getting the A lic ...that way I won't so nervous being a student.

Don't let a woman try to put logic in your love. If it was the other way around (male instructor with female student) we would have to do that, but this is a unique case and you need to get it together. B|

You can get this girl. Now pay attention to her even if this is the only time you ever listen to her again. ;) You have to impress her with your listening skills first. (meanwhile go to a tunnel and max your credit cards) :ph34r:

Salude!

Plus that'll give the OP enough time to figure out if she's even single. One important thing to note is that a lot of married folks don't wear their wedding rings while jumping for various reasons (safety, risk of losing the ring, etc.) Probably want to know if she's one of them.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Plus that'll give the OP enough time to figure out if she's even single. One important thing to note is that a lot of married folks don't wear their wedding rings while jumping for various reasons (safety, risk of losing the ring, etc.) Probably want to know if she's one of them.

Might want to make sure she's not the wife/girlfriend of the local rigger first as well. :ph34r:

Plus that'll give the OP enough time to figure out if she's even single. One important thing to note is that a lot of married folks don't wear their wedding rings while jumping for various reasons (safety, risk of losing the ring finger, etc.) Probably want to know if she's one of them.

FIFY B|
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

Might want to make sure she's not the wife/girlfriend of the local rigger first as well. :ph34r:

Fuck it.

Be eXtReMe!
Remster

I agree. I dont even know if she's attached atm and i wouldn't want to overstep those bounds..especially if the one she's attached to is a rigger, rigging my 'chute until I can pack by myself, right?

Don't let a woman try to put logic in your love. If it was the other way around (male instructor with female student) we would have to do that, but this is a unique case and you need to get it together. B|

You can get this girl. Now pay attention to her even if this is the only time you ever listen to her again. ;) You have to impress her with your listening skills first. (meanwhile go to a tunnel and max your credit cards) :ph34r:

+1 Must be a good listener!