bigbearfng

Stolen/missing?

labrys

I guess you want the last word???

Nope. You PM'd, I replied. I just don't want continue to have a private conversation with you. Public is fine.

Then perhaps you could explain why and where you get your information?

You made this statement:

Judging from post history, the guy did about a half dozen jumps a year or so ago and then got skeered and decided to lurk here being a jerk instead of jumping.

I'm trying to make a point about making wild ass guesses. So I guess that was a guess?

I can understand reacting to what you perceive is some kind of personal attack, it's not BTW. But quite frankly I know I jumped more than 6 times. So how do you justify making your assumptions? And why would you do that. And why would anyone argue against getting strange gear checked? I re-read this whole thread that Paul basically started flaming and truthfully I can't see where my rhetoric is taken as gospel? And even if my tone was the "law" what were the responses? I expect a little more tolerance for varying opinions especially from you. Regardless of the package. The others are just children that don't know any better, with time I fully expect them to mature and be a little more tolerant of others viewpoints, but I know that you know better,....

C
But what do I know, "I only have one tandem jump."

so you haven't personally attacked anyone? Didn't you just refer to everyone as immature children? You don't know any of us or our experience do you? You have a problem with people making assumptions about you and your experience but then in the same post you just did it to everyone on here....some may take offense. I think it's funny.
www.facebook.com/FlintHillsRigging

mcordell

so you haven't personally attacked anyone? Didn't you just refer to everyone as immature children? You don't know any of us or our experience do you? You have a problem with people making assumptions about you and your experience but then in the same post you just did it to everyone on here....some may take offense. I think it's funny.

Kid, I made that one obvious!

For a reason....

C

Glad you noticed.

You are starting to make yourself look silly. People are starting to question you motives. Your refusal to answer some basic questions put to you could make some to think you might be a troll. I’ll leave that call to others. But it is time to knock off the bull shit.

Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

to add to the video, and keeping it in mind:

Earlier in this thread
ChrisD

My first jump was at Orange with PI back in the seventies. It was the only place on the East Coast, just about the whole east coast. I saved up, I scrounged, I bought my first rig at 17, it was green and surplus.

On September 2, 2012, the day ChrisD registered on this site
ChrisD

I'm glad for this thread...I'm a newbi renting gear

November 26, 2012, post referencing never finishing his first jump course
ChrisD

I never finished my first, still have some "Tickets" left. Anyone know where to get a refund?

so you don't have to speculate. ChrisD has posted all on his own that he started in the 70s, however he never finished his first jump course. He even still has tickets left with his full name written on them (thus eliminating any notion that the above poster got the name wrong.

[inline ticket.jpg]

Now, knowing ChrisD never finished his first jump course, we then refer to his first post on this site. He entered back into the sport some time near September of 2012, a little over a year ago. One can safely assume from the posted tandem video which clearly shows the lack of any arch and the utter amazement at what it feels like to do a simple turn, not to mention his reaction to the freefall and after landing, that he had not jumped from the time he quit his FJC until his tandem. Had he jumped in the interim with an arch like the one displayed in the video, he would have been less than successful.

ChrisD himself referred to his own level as "newbi" (sic) at that time so while one could argue this is mere supposition to assume he had not jumped, I would argue it's more a matter of deductive reasoning based on pretty solid evidence.

In his defense though, when referencing his experience, he never said he started in the 70s and continued to jump until now so he wasn't entirely dishonest. I am glad to see he has become an expert in the last year since starting again. His year worth of experience obviously far exceeds that of most of us, regardless of time in sport or jump numbers.

Now I hope I haven't offended Chris. He doesn't take kindly to "wild ass guesses" and I certainly don't want it to appear I have made any unsubstantiated claims.
www.facebook.com/FlintHillsRigging

I am glad to see he has become an expert in the last year since starting again.

Well, c'mon. He did manage to rack up 200 jumps this year, or did you miss that?

ETA.. when I first started jumping and not long after I discovered this website, I posted here asking for a picture of a crowded Otter because I wanted to explain something to a friend.

A few posts later, Deuce posted a pic from the Eloy boogie a year or 2 earlier with a regular at my DZ wearing the rig I had just bought from him.

Skydiving is a freakishly small word, Mr Donovan.
Owned by Remi #?

likestojump

as per ChrisD's posts/profile :
Chris Donovan
from Boston area
knows about Pepperell

and a tandem video posted in June 2012 labeled "My Sky Dive adventure Fathers Day 2012"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynvuaydTebI

So, how about them apples ?

Thanks for that Paul. Made my day!
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

mcordell

are those patches? If they are patches, which is what they look like to me, it seems like an odd place for canopy damage and certainly doesn't indicate the canopy has the low jump numbers specified in the ad. I just noticed it as I was looking through the pictures again

Edited to add:

looking at it again it doesn't look like patches but it does look odd....neither of my mains looks like that but I'm not familiar with this canopy or manufacturer....forgive my ignorance on this canopy but wtf is all that

It appears that is where the slider washer is sew in. Nice call, perhaps the other is in fact a patch, that area gets some wear. But what do I know I'm just a wuffo that doesn't jump. Perhaps Paul can shed some light on that area. I am especially pleased that you asked the question! I am concerned that no one else has given you an answere,....

I do wish everyone a merry Christmas, perhaps you could find it in your hearts to be a little more tolerant of other peoples varying ideas and religions, etc, not everyone see's the world as you do, and yes I could use some help following my own advice as well. Either that, or you all can just continue to do what you did 2000 years ago and put a few more nails in the cross, my birthday after all: Tommorro

C

:)

Look at the lines in the photo, they are bright white and the "patch" stitching looks to be factory done, but I don't know that type of main. Regardless, we can all probably agree, sell the main as a "kite" or give it away for free because it's not doing the overall sale any good.
We're not fucking flying airplanes are we, no we're flying a glorified kite with no power and it should be flown like one! - Stratostar

SEREJumper

Look at the lines in the photo, they are bright white and the "patch" stitching looks to be factory done, but I don't know that type of main. Regardless, we can all probably agree, sell the main as a "kite" or give it away for free because it's not doing the overall sale any good.

I agree with ya. This thread / post started off with one person who took a bold step to bring to everyone's attention something that looks fishy. I support anyone who supports skydiving.:)It morphed into a thread about how to tell or not what is gear that is in good condition as compared with not so good condition.

One of the prior posters pointed out something about a flare attachment point that they saw in a picture, it does look like "factory" stitching to me as well, but what do I know?

What I brought to the table, might be considered hijacking by some, to the thread, is the idea that how to tell what is and isn't good is something for a newbie that is a very difficult thing to do!

The people that purchase new gear and especially newbies are the ones least able to make this important decision! In this day and age there are hundreds of great riggers out there that are more than willing to inspect and protect well meaning people from their lack of knowledge. This is reasonable advice and it continues to be my position and I would hope everyone's position that having your gear inspected as a condition of sale and of a pre-purchase is a good idea.

I think it's a great idea to come up with suggestions to help anyone learn for themselves what others think is good to point out in pictures as compared with something that looks funky;) As you are doing. But I can't tell either, hence the suggestion to have a rigger, without an agenda take a look at it! But as we have seen their are those with an agenda that don't have the buyers interests at heart as much as a concern for making a sale. Pointing this out has started a rather sophisticated attack upon myself that serves no one. This is the risk and the benefit of a public forum where so many have personal alliances. Because there are those that will take the time to point out these conflicts of interest.

C

This is my opinion: but new gear buyers shouldn't be purchasing their own gear, they no not what they do. Get first person help with every aspect of gear decisions :)