brenthutch

2023 off to a cooler start

“January 2023 was the seventh-warmest January for the globe in NOAA's 174-year record”

Last year it was the sixth warmest, this year it it is seventh, despite record levels of CO2.

https://www.ncei.noaa.gov/access/monitoring/monthly-report/global/202301

https://www.co2.earth/daily-co2

Can we all agree that the earth’s climate system is not a sensitive to CO2 as once feared?

22 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

“January 2023 was the seventh-warmest January for the globe in NOAA's 174-year record”

Last year it was the sixth warmest, this year it it is seventh, despite record levels of CO2.

https://www.ncei.noaa.gov/access/monitoring/monthly-report/global/202301

https://www.co2.earth/daily-co2

Can we all agree that the earth’s climate system is not a sensitive to CO2 as once feared?

I doubt if you'll get consensus on that point, regardless of its relative veracity.

CO2 is a factor, but even a superficial understanding of radiation heat transfer reveals it to be but one of many.

Unfortunately, its significance is more as a measure of overpopulation than as a driving force for climate.

In the long run we're fucked either way.

It was fun while it lasted.

BSBD,

Winsor 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, brenthutch said:

Find anyone apart from you who ever thought temperature would exactly follow CO2 levels at all times and we’ll talk.

54 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

The alarmists sure didn’t think it would get cooler as CO2 levels rose.

They didn't think it would always get hotter immediately as CO2 levels rose either. No one but you has ever thought that.

You keep assigning words to people and meanings to words to bolster your counterpoints (since you never make any points of your own, I think that’s an accurate word). Bill Nye didn’t say anything about exactly following. Neither did Michael Mann. But that’s irrelevant as long as you get your dig in, right?

Wendy P. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, kallend said:

He will keep making the same troll argument over and over, as long as people keep responding.

It's what well fed trolls do.

When people get a perverse sense of superiority from the feeding. The feeding will continue

• Like 1

9 hours ago, kallend said:

He will keep making the same troll argument over and over, as long as people keep responding.

It's what well fed trolls do.

To be clear, I’m not making an argument, I am just sharing information.  If that information triggers you, that is your problem.

28 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

To be clear, I’m not making an argument, I am just sharing information.

To be clear, that's an obvious lie.

"Can we all agree that the earth’s climate system is not a sensitive to CO2 as once feared?"

3 hours ago, jakee said:

To be clear, that's an obvious lie.

"Can we all agree that the earth’s climate system is not a sensitive to CO2 as once feared?"

In light of the failure of CO2 to warm the planet to the extent predicted by the alarmists, it is a fair question.  Again not an argument, just a simple question.

31 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

In light of the failure of CO2 to warm the planet to the extent predicted by the alarmists, it is a fair question.  Again not an argument, just a simple question.

Your argument is that you aren't trolling, but sealioning and somehow you think that is better.

In light of the failure of CO2 to warm the planet to the extent predicted by the alarmists, it is a fair question.  

So here you’re saying the question is fair because you believe the answer ‘yes’ is backed up by the facts you provided.

Again not an argument, just a simple question.

And now you’re saying the question is not intended to convey any opinion of yours whatsoever, you could equally believe and accept that the answer is ‘no’.

Get back to me with which Brent I should be talking to and we’ll go from there.