ubauerle

About CompAir 8

Certified planes do crash.

But certified planes have a far lower tendency to randomly shed parts.

Of all the experimental aircraft out there, the CompAir is probably a poor choice for skydiving in my opinion. I wouldn't fly one for pleasure let alone for a high airframe stress job like skydiving. And the kits are built 7 miles away from me. I don't like how the structure looks, I don't like how the aircraft is balanced and I don't like how light duty everything is.

For the same or less money, go buy a King Air and get an airplane that can handle more jumpers and actually has a stronger structure and more predictable handling qualities.
Airline Transport Pilot, Multi-Engine Land, DHC-8
Commercial Multi-Engine Sea, Single Engine Land
Private Glider

riggerrob

Better solution to cheap turboprop would be SM-92T TURBO-FINIST. It`s rather cheap and it`s not experimental.

Service ceiling: 3,000 m (9,840 ft)
good luck for skydiving.

...................................................................................

I suspect that 9,840 feet is more of a legal ceiling than a practical ceiling, because to cruise at higher than 1,000 feet, for more than 30 minutes you need supplemental oxygen.
Similarly, plenty of turboprop airplanes are only certified to 25,000 foot operating ceilings, because above 25,000 feet the rules for supplemental oxygen and cabin pressurization get more complex and expensive.
For example, the deHavilland DH-5 Buffalo holds multiple time-to-climb world records (some above 30,000 feet) but is only certified for operation up to 25,000 feet.

.................................................................................

Correction
I meant to say that when cruising above TEN THOUSAND FEET for more than half an hour, you need supplemental oxygen.