JoeWeber

Who needs the EPA?

This has become a right wing lightning rod over the past week or so on Facebook.

Claims of government cover-up. Claims that Biden is withholding Federal assistance (FEMA memes are Soup Du Joor for that one). Lots of people are overnight meteorologists and chemists.

On 2/14/2023 at 3:19 PM, Phil1111 said:

The EU has just announced that it is banning the sale of gas power cars by 2035. Get ready for a GOP EPA to announce that its great news. Because it frees up more gas for America.

Buddy of mine has a friend who knows a guy. This guy's wife is a Trans-portation official whose boss is a super happy guy, if you get my drift. Word is that all emissions from gas, and gas emissions, will be banned in the EU in 2035. So much for Skydiving in Europe, seems to me. Maybe the soon to be announced Cookie G18 will have an effective gas filtration system and they have someone who answers the phone who can also explain why an exemption makes sense. Interesting times.

On 2/12/2023 at 7:48 PM, JoeWeber said:

Something like 1,000,000 pounds of vinyl chloride is burning near East Palantine, Ohio after a train derailment. Egghead scientists are fretting about acid rain and Phosphene dribbling onto right wing heads in the area. Maybe airdvr can help us all set up a gofundme.

I suspect you mean phosgene, COCl2, a poison gas used in WW1, and a combustion product of vinyl chloride H₂C=CHCl.  Phosgene was responsible for about 85% of the deaths caused by chemical weapons during World War I.