corpkid

Spray for disinfecting/etc my helmet?

Got a full face Phantom X (love it) and use it a LOT in the tunnel, but being the Orlando tunnel, it's pretty hot and I sweat a lot and it's starting to get.... "funky."

What should I get to spray in that thing to refresh it?

Isn't there something made just for this? Being a full face, I'll be breathing that crap in (and as I'm learning some crazy stuff I pant pretty hard after each go-round). I'll ask around the tunnel - but wouldn't either of those kind of have residual smell/effects? And no, the lining can't be removed unfortunately. My luck I'd end up shrinking it anyways. LOL

corpkid

Got a full face Phantom X (love it) and use it a LOT in the tunnel, but being the Orlando tunnel, it's pretty hot and I sweat a lot and it's starting to get.... "funky."

"Wet Ones" wipes will help with the funk and a antibacterial. Don"t use on the lens.

I was talking to Nick from Cookie about washing mine too. It definitely smells like me, and it's kind of gross sometimes haha!

He mentioned you can take the visor off, all the mechanical parts, remove all the removable parts of the liner (the chin piece at least), put it in the dishwasher and run it with just a tiny bit of soap. No heated drying though!! I'd probably see if i can run it on a cold cycle somehow myself, just to be safe.

Some of the spray ideas are nice, but how will that get the sweat already in there out, as opposed to just masking the funk?

Forget the automatic shit,,,it's super easy,,just wash it like you would yourself,,,,simple soap and water....and wipe it dry....geezzz,,,if ya can clean your ass then the helemet should be fine.....:S;)

smile, be nice, enjoy life
FB # - 1083

This thread is a huge disappointment. I opened it fully expecting to be regaled with a story about one drunk taking a shit in another drunk's helmet. Instead, what do I see? An entire thread written by neophyte fucking Mister Cleans. Jesus jumping Christ people.

nndefense

This thread is a huge disappointment. I opened it fully expecting to be regaled with a story about one drunk taking a shit in another drunk's helmet. Instead, what do I see? An entire thread written by neophyte fucking Mister Cleans. Jesus jumping Christ people.

Personal story? Sorry to hear. Mine just smells like a jock strap, which may or may not be Ok to you but isn't OK for me. :o

corpkid

***This thread is a huge disappointment. I opened it fully expecting to be regaled with a story about one drunk taking a shit in another drunk's helmet. Instead, what do I see? An entire thread written by neophyte fucking Mister Cleans. Jesus jumping Christ people.

Personal story? Sorry to hear. Mine just smells like a jock strap, which may or may not be Ok to you but isn't OK for me. :o

Your helmet smells like balls?

I think I'm starting to figure this culture out. So yes, my helmet smells like my balls. I am curiously wanting to make that stop. My balls smell great. However, I typically wear that thing 2 to 3 hours per week (walking around wanking of course) but I'd like to smell more like........ happy puppies. LOL WTF - I just want to remove the sweat smell! (welcome to DZ.com, eh?)

Be careful what you use on your helmet.It can lead to your hair falling out.

OTOH you could use some nice shampoo and conditioner on you hair. :)
I've seen some fighter pilots wear a liner between their head and helmet. Try it you might like it.:|

One Jump Wonder

Krip

I've seen some fighter pilots wear a liner between their head and helmet. Try it you might like it.:|

I wear a Silky" liner between me and my motorcycle helmet. Haven't tried it skydiving, but you might want to give it a try. I keep two and throw one into the wash every week or so.
Dano

corpkid

Hi kid

Your profile says you have 18 jumps and 20hrs of tunnel time.

Looks to me like you got a tunnel problem not a jump problem. Have you considered getting a less expensive helmet for a spare to use in the tunnel.
20 hrs of tunnel time is equal to something like

20 times this, convert to minutes, convert to jumps, equals around 1200
jumps. :o

Im guessing you can fly like a bird.;)
One Jump Wonder

Had a freezer in the garage unplug due to a pipe falling on the plug w/o me knowing it for a few days.
The bad smell was unimaginable.
The cure - If you place a cup of clorox and a cup of ammonia next to each other in the bottom of the freezer and leave the door shut for three days, you will rid the smell. Just don't mix the liquids or do it indoors!!!! The reaction between the gases will neutralize all odors : The reaction between the liquids might neutralize you :

So in the helmet's case possibly use a couple of small containers w/each liquid, position the helmet over them and cover it for a few days with some plastic. Kind of like tenting a house.