JoeWeber

Biden's SOTU Address

Well, I'm shocked, shocked to hear nada but crickets from our right wing friends when they were just gifted with absolute proof that Biden is demented, incompetent, and absolutely not in control. Surely last nights speech provided all of the evidence needed to further their claims, no? Unless, of course, it's a time delay where they're all awaiting the inevitable photoshopped picture from OAN or FOX showing Kamala Harris controlling the whole thing with her marionette sticks and ventriloquists perma smile.

Didn't watch it.  I'm trying to avoid the propaganda.  I did read about MGT's outburst.  Not the first time that's ever happened.  At least no one shredded any paper or called someone a liar.

Also, I saw an edited video online where it appeared Biden said "Capitalism is exploitation."  The fanatics jumped all over it until someone pointed out what was actually said.

4 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

from our right wing friends 

There were some errors in his claims of success on economics, job creation, etc.

No mention of the border crisis. At all.

The "Ban the Assault Weapons!" was theatre. We've had this discussion and all that's going to do is give more fuel to the "Government taking our guns" mantra and isn't a real gun ownership responsibility position. But, we've had that discussion and you know I'm for a comprehensive package. 

I'm with skydekker on this one. All decorum is out the window.  MTG and BoeBoe need to sit down and STFU during a time honored tradition. Course maybe Pelosi set the bar by tearing up the script. 

Rumor has it that MTG is leaving congress. My suspicion is Santos will be out.   

In my book, he gets a 50 out of 100 for the SOTU. 

28 minutes ago, BIGUN said:

There were some errors in his claims of success on economics, job creation, etc.... 

In my book, he gets a 50 out of 100 for the SOTU. 

Agree. he should have done better. A NYT take on it:  President Biden Is Not Backing Off His Big-Government Agenda  He could have set a more pro business take on it. Instead of pandering to the Dem. base. His poor approval ratings are almost all due to inflation. His bi-partizan infrastructure bill will continue inflationary pressures. Even though it was largely needed.

He could have gone after the middle America voter. The ones that voted GOP in midterms.

Instead it seemed as if he wanted to defend his tribe. Oh well :(

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, BIGUN said:

No mention of the border crisis. At all.

The bit that seems too much to grasp here is that human migration has been creating border crises for maybe 100,000 years now. How is the fact it is still ongoing and only slightly localized suddenly so egregious? I really wouldn't have pegged you for a NIMBY sort.

• Like 1

(edited)
38 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

The bit that seems too much to grasp here is that human migration has been creating border crises for maybe 100,000 years now. How is the fact it is still ongoing and only slightly localized suddenly so egregious? I really wouldn't have pegged you for a NIMBY sort.

Actually he is right again. . It might seem as if the problem isn't worse. Because FOX and the GOP have cried wolf for three decades straight.

spacer.png

Edited by Phil1111

(edited)
37 minutes ago, BIGUN said:

It is not "slightly localized" by any means. It's a significant problem that runs all the way up the I35 corridor. 

Sure, and by the time they get to Alaska maybe a Bering Land Bridge will actually happen, if not high speed ferry service, and then they'll be Russia's problem. In the meantime we can all relax knowing that they'll be cantaloupes aplenty and no shortage of Guatemalan roofers in the good 'ol US of A.

Edited by JoeWeber

4 hours ago, airdvr said:

Didn't watch it.  I'm trying to avoid the propaganda. 

Trae was on point, in his pre-SOTU tweet.   Biden was on pointe, in his speech.

My favorite line in the entire event was when SHS said "The dividing line in America is no longer between right or left. The choice, is between normal, or crazy."   She's never been so correct, just not in the way she meant.

7 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

absolute proof that Biden is demented, incompetent, and absolutely not in control. Surely last nights speech provided all of the evidence needed to further their claims, no? Unless, of course, it's a time delay where they're all awaiting the inevitable photoshopped picture from OAN or FOX showing Kamala Harris controlling the whole thing with her marionette sticks and ventriloquists perma smile.

Deepfake

2 hours ago, SkyDekker said:

Shows how far decorum has fallen.

Actually it kind of reminds me of those British parliment debates that are like rich people's Jerry Springer with all the oooooz and ooooohs, lmao.  Quite entertaining actually.  I'd like to see Jakee up there.

22 minutes ago, Coreece said:

Actually it kind of reminds me of those British parliment debates that are like rich people's Jerry Springer with all the oooooz and ooooohs, lmao.  Quite entertaining actually.  I'd like to see Jakee up there.

The State of the Union in the US is equivalent to the speech from the throne, which has no such lapses of decorum.

29 minutes ago, Coreece said:

National embarrassment is what that is:$

There can occasionally be good debate in Parliament but it'd be nice if they at least pretended to take it seriously most of the time.