kaiser

Can anyone become a DZO ?

32 minutes ago, kaiser said:

When you have zero skydiving experience? should you be allowed to become a DZO? 

Goddamn right you can. This is one area I am in complete agreement with the USPA if, that is, you have either the cash or rock solid financing.

3 hours ago, kaiser said:

When you have zero skydiving experience? should you be allowed to become a DZO? 

You do understand the difference between and owner and a manager don't you? Our DZ was owned for a couple years by an investor who was feeling flush at the time he bought it. Skydivers ran it and he was almost never there. He approved or did not approve major purchases. When he got tired of it and realized it didn't really impress his friends he unloaded it to the people who were running it.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, gowlerk said:

You do understand the difference between and owner and a manager don't you? Our DZ was owned for a couple years by an investor who was feeling flush at the time he bought it. Skydivers ran it and he was almost never there. He approved or did not approve major purchases. When he got tired of it and realized it didn't really impress his friends he unloaded it to the people who were running it.

Continues; no rock solid financing, no cash reserve, marginal instructors, part timers, fumbling DZO himself, and trying to learn by doing? 

Continues; no rock solid financing, no cash reserve, marginal instructors, part timers, fumbling DZO himself, and trying to learn by doing? 

People are allowed to try. Sometimes they fail, which in this case no doubt would please you greatly. Some people do, others watch and criticize.

Is this the same DZO that you were posting about in the Women Only forum?  Sounds like you've got an axe to grind****

****If the allegations you made in Women Only are true, than fuck that motherfuck right to hell.

• Like 1

On 1/30/2023 at 9:19 AM, lippy said:

Is this the same DZO that you were posting about in the Women Only forum?  Sounds like you've got an axe to grind****

****If the allegations you made in Women Only are true, than fuck that motherfuck right to hell.

No allegations, words shared by the abused person. 

1 hour ago, kaiser said:

No allegations, words shared by the abused person. 

It’s an allegation on here. I’ve got no reason to doubt you other than that to me, you’re a rando on a forum talking shit about another rando. No worries: I’m a rando too, so take my notes for what they’re worth. 

I definitely, sincerely hope that anyone being abused in this scenario is able to find a better situation and that their abuser gets what they deserve. 

• Like 1

(edited)

When you consider that the owner of any small business needs skills in: writing a business plan, obtaining financing, purchasing, maintaining airplanes, maintaining buildings and grounds, janitorial, taking out the trash, interior decorating, hiring staff, training staff, firing staff, monitoring weather, marketing, public relations, sweet-talking the local city council, sweet-talking airport managers, sweet-talking the FAA, etc. ...... the list of required skill is long and complex with skydiving skills being late in the process ....

I have done every job on a DZ (pilot, airplane mechanic, janitor, laying sod, rigger, instructor, coach, load-organizer, manifest, etc.) except management. management requires far more headaches then I am willing to attempt.

Edited by riggerrob
  • Like 1