SoraTai

Military Discount

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Aerodyne doesn't have a military discount.

Would any other military folks out there buy an Aerodyne container/rig/canopy if there were a mil dicount?

I've checked around and EVERYONE has a mil discount but them. I love Aerodyne products but I will save hundreds of dollars with other companies that offer 20-30% off.

BUT...regardless, I may just have to bite the bullet and buy one anyway.

I would just go with what you like. If you have the money.. It doesn't matter. I have learned my lesson with that, in the past i have bought things because of military discount, even though its not exactly what i want and i end up selling it to buy what i really wanted in the first place.

Fine line between appreciating something and expecting it. I would think a better course would be to pick up the phone and have a private conversation with the company.

I for one if I offer something like a discount or free service to someone do it as a thank you not for the recognition.

Those discounts are generally off the MSRP. Many dealers don't sell at MSRP. Square1 for example sells the Icon pro for 2370 which is $400 below MSRP and the pilot is sold there for $1850, $200 off retail.
SO i'd talk either directly to them or discuss pricing options with a local dealer.

Edited for spelling

Most manufacturers would prefer their discounts not get posted publicly. Just talk to them directly.

Really? Why is that? To me, it would seem if a company offers a discount for whatever reason, they would be proud to do so.

Most manufacturers would prefer their discounts not get posted publicly. Just talk to them directly.

Really? Why is that? To me, it would seem if a company offers a discount for whatever reason, they would be proud to do so.

Because then more people will ask for it, more people would lie about military service to try to get it, and for some manufacturers more people would order direct instead of going thru a dealer.

How's everything going over there? :P
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

Because then more people will ask for it, more people would lie about military service to try to get it, and for some manufacturers more people would order direct instead of going thru a dealer.

Most people who qualify for it can produce a current ID card.

just Sayin"
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

Most people who qualify for it can produce a current ID card.

just Sayin"

Those were my thoughts too. I would most likely frequent an establishment if I knew they gave discounts even if I didn't qualify for it. ie: senior, military or student.

I was actually trying to pull the trigger today on a new Pilot and Smart. I contacted Aerodyne to see how I proved my AD status and such. Turns out the 30% and 35% discounts I saw on dz.com before are no longer in effect. They recommend that you go to a dealer who will give you a discount based on his/her costs.

Ah well. My fault. I should have bought them previously.
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.