skydiverek

George Bush Sr. tandem jump

First I thought, "damn it's good to be king". Private helicopter jumping into your own back yard. Im sure that NOTAM wasnt hard to get at all.
Then I thought dude has skills to basically land a tandem in someones back yard. Then I cringed at the landing, not that it was particulary the TMs fault. It was probably better the Pres Bush had potentially fainted. A young 20 something may have braced for impact and broken a leg.
Then I rewound it and saw the flag and noticed he took a downwinder (probably due to other houses or maybe a body of water). The landing is cringeworthy because you just think at that age any injury could mean the end. Hopefully it was one of those landings that wasnt as bad as it looked.

That would be age discrimination and it would also be non-accommodating under the Americans with Disabilities act. Of course I am sure that most drop zones fully comply with the ADA regulations and wouldn't have any problems with a lawsuit artist checking. :o

jumpwally

,,,why deny someone else,,,,?

Because I can - and $45 ain't enough compensation for the time spent justifying why I took someone who obviously wasn't physically fit enough to jump after they suffer an injury. :P
2 wrongs don't make a right - but 3 lefts do.

skydiverek

Snagable camera, with a possibility of unstable cutaway, due to the student known to be not capable of arching... Why? (the camera).

Attached.

Picture AAA.jpg "I think we're coming a lil to hot".
Picture BBB.jpg "Ouch!!!! I told you we were a bit hot!"

:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

Interesting on many levels. If I did a jump like that, the FAA would qualify it as a demo, and the landing area sure didn't look like an "open field". Guessing though that this one would have fallen under the "DOD exception", DOD is exempt from all that FAA shit! TI could have 100 jumps total, land it in a half acre back yard lot, and hook that bitch in for a nice swoop over the crowd.

I'd guess that the low exit was due to cloud cover. Also, looked like the TI was a little bit zealous in landing accuracy as opposed to nice landing with the break surge. Not that I've never done a break surge for a touch more speed, but it's easy to screw up. A little low and you're still diving, a bit high and you end up at the slow point in the recovery arch. Neither end well.
Experience is what you get when you thought you were going to get something else.

AC DZ