brenthutch

California reparations

1 hour ago, brenthutch said:

Thank goodness, California had solved racism!  Good on you progressives!

https://www.sfchronicle.com/bayarea/justinphillips/article/sf-reparations-black-17716918.php

As ever, you are being silly. Here's a true story. Some years back I got a phone tickle from a pilot on the east coast. He seemed decent enough and his resume fit my profile so I offered to fly him out to interview, no promises, and if it wasn't a fit I'd pay for his return. I picked him up at the airport, (I was holding a pair of welcome to Oregon Heart Balloon's  just so he got a good first impression) and off to the DZ we went. The next day after looking around and checking out the aircraft we were walking up the runway. I told him, honestly because of how he spoke, I thought he was African American when we talked on the phone. He just stopped, seemed a little put out, and asked if that was a problem. Not for me, says I, this is Oregon, being black pays time and a half. I'm just glad you're not gay, the double time is killing me. You're not gay, right? And away I went with my new pilot in tow.

• Like 2

Granted, Spaniards did own a few slaves back when they ruled California. Mind you. most of those slaves were native North Americans ... so insignificant numbers of black slaves in California.

Now that white "Americans" control the state ... how can they be held responsible for sins committed by a previous administration???????

Usually the slate gets wiped clean after a war changes the administration ... changes ownership.