SMBowen

Javelin back pad?

Did a quick search and found a chat from 2014 discussing how much people liked the upgraded back pad and how it was worth it, etc. From what I can tell it was referring to parapak vs deluxe spacer foam. I was looking to see if there were any opinions on the current back pad upgrade to the molded sun path back pad. It says it is the thickest and better for warm weather. Is it much more comfortable? Is there a significant weight increase? Other thoughts?

Thanks! 

I have had several different back pads from several different manufacturers, and I can confidently say that none of them have ever made a difference. It might just be where I've lived. It goes from fun springtime temps, to brutal, ruin your soul hot summer temps pretty quickly. A fun mesh design in my backpad has been the last thing on my mind when I'm trying not to die of heatstroke. I'm sure there are varying opinions on this, but if money was a factor for me, I wouldn't bother with any of the backpad upgrades.

• Like 2