ministef

Nice 4-Way iPhone App

4 way dives is free :) I'm assuming your the developer of the game since it just came out the day of your first post? I wish you all the luck in the world selling it. If it is $3 better the the free 4 way dives app then you should do well. I will check it out as soon as someone I know buys it.

MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT
Life is Short and we never know how long we are going to have. We must live life to the fullest EVERY DAY. Everything we do should have a greater purpose.

4 way dives is free :) I'm assuming your the developer of the game since it just came out the day of your first post? I wish you all the luck in the world selling it. If it is $3 better the the free 4 way dives app then you should do well. I will check it out as soon as someone I know buys it.

Yes, I am ;)
The major difference between "4 way dives" and "4-way coach" is that "4 way dives" only draws random jump programs, when "4 way coach" not only perform the draws, but also shows you animations on how to perform the jump. "4 way coach" knows all the variants of any formation, and help you choose the best one for that jump. It also has an integrated chrono so that you can score your (real) jumps.
Well, that a real training tool, not only a random draw program.
In additions, the graphics are - in my opinion - much nicer.

Very nice app but the point on H (bow) is 180 from how I learned and have seen :) haven't checked all the others but the way you have it would be a pain to launch :) so far it is worth every bit of $2.99

MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT
Life is Short and we never know how long we are going to have. We must live life to the fullest EVERY DAY. Everything we do should have a greater purpose.

Very nice app but the point on H (bow) is 180 from how I learned and have seen :) haven't checked all the others but the way you have it would be a pain to launch :) so far it is worth every bit of $2.99

Thanks ! ;)

Regarding the 'H' (and any other formation in the app), you can choose it to be the left or the right-oriented.

I'll never understand why so many apps come out for iPhone first (or at all) when android has a much larger market share and is easier to develop for (assuming you aren't using a lot of hardware functions).
"Do you really want to take advice from the guy we call Tarmac?"

This seems an appropriate place to post this:

I've been looking for an app or a java applet to practice mapping out spots... IE given these winds and this map of a DZ, plot the opening point and the exit point. Anyone seen anything, or interested in creating one?

cgriff

I've been looking for an app or a java applet to practice mapping out spots... IE given these winds and this map of a DZ, plot the opening point and the exit point. Anyone seen anything, or interested in creating one?

The spot is never going to be better than the person doing the spotting.
Even if you have an app with a map and a big X marking where the first group should exit, the person doing the actual spotting still has to do the job.
If the spotter exits early or late the spot will still be bad with or without an app.

But yes I have seen one but I think it was mad for the DZ.

Hellis

The spot is never going to be better than the person doing the spotting.
Even if you have an app with a map and a big X marking where the first group should exit, the person doing the actual spotting still has to do the job.

Agreed! Guess I wasn't clear. I'm not looking for one to calc the spot for me, but rather one to use for practice on the ground. It would come up with some random winds, and ask students to identify each of the spots...

cgriff

Exactly what you are looking for: Spot Assist
http://www.spotassist.com/

for both iPhone and Android

spotting, and help planning the pattern

of course, not to take on the plane, or unconditionally trust. But a good tool to learn and see whats going on with winds