brenthutch

German village to be razed to make room for…

A COAL MINE!!!

https://www.voanews.com/a/climate-activists-protest-as-german-village-makes-way-for-coal-mine-/6901142.html

First it was wind farms now it’s entire towns :shockedcat:

The whole switch away from coal was primarily due to the switch to natural gas, NOT RENEWABLES!  Now that natural gas prices have skyrocketed, the world is switching back to coal.  According to the IEA, 2022 set a record for coal consumption. They further predict we will set yet another record in 2023!  

1 hour ago, Slim King said:

My heart goes out to all the people who froze to death in the USA because they neglected their conventional heating methods and embraced solar and wind, which leaves you completely vulnerable to winter storms. The Europeans see the problem and know the solution.

My heart goes out to all the people all over the world who are freezing because they rely on natural gas or oil for heat.

13 minutes ago, Slim King said:

Russia will sell them all the natural gas they can use ...

Riiiight.  Which is why they blew up one of the gas pipelines that feeds them.

I get the sense you live in a house with FOX News on 24/7, volume loud enough so you can't hear anything but misinformation.

(edited)
11 hours ago, billvon said:

My heart goes out to all the people all over the world who are freezing because they rely on natural gas or oil for heat.

What about coal? It seems that Germany (arguably the world’s leader in renewables) has made the decision that it is better to raze villages and tear down wind farms to make room for more coal mining, and burn more coal in order to keep its population warm and its factories running instead of depending on unreliable wind and solar. 

Edited by brenthutch