Trev_S

Jumpsuit material choices

Decided to try be a cool kid and get a freefly suit but I need some advice on what sort of material to get or what combination of material to get.
I'm 178cms and 80-85 kilos (5'11 and 180lbs) and fall pretty fast on my belly in what I would call a mid range rel suit @ approx 125mph on avg. I'm looking at the intrudair free fly comp suit and don't know whether to get all pollycotton (and cordura) or a combination of poly and nylon. I was thinking of getting nylon torso and polycotton arms and legs. I was also going to get regular cut rather than tight or loose if that make any difference to material choice.

I've only got 80 jumps and haven't attempted any freefly or tracking jumps so I need to keep my lack of skill in mind when deciding which material. I've been told slower/baggier suits are more forgiving and to save the tight suits for when you can actually fly properly.

Anybody able to explain the pros and cons of different combinations of material?

Cheers,
Trev

Have a chat with the manufacturer. My tunnel suit is cordura and my freefly suit is alighter cordura. I have double layers in the legs for extra power. Basically they will tailor the suit for you. You're not particularly massive though so you don't need anything too extreme. You might be able to get something second hand :)
P.S. baggier suits give you more drag but aren't much easier to fly than a correctly fitting one so get one that fits you. It might also give you bad habits that will take time to sort out later.

Trafficdiver

I have a vertical suit with as much cordura as possible. It helps to slow me down and can take a beating when I slide in my landings.

I also have a Vertical suit, and opted for the extra ZP layer as I tend to be anvil-ish for my height and weight. Along with the Cordura it helps to slow me down, but on hot days it really seals in the flavor so I end up washing it more than other suits.

Intrudair recommended "teslan" which is apparently a new material (must be very new as google returns nothing) which is supposed to be like nylon but more comfortable and breathes which makes it preferable for summer.

sounds alright. be nice to see it though.

Trev_S

Intrudair recommended "teslan" which is apparently a new material (must be very new as google returns nothing) which is supposed to be like nylon but more comfortable and breathes which makes it preferable for summer.

sounds alright. be nice to see it though.

Taslan is a type of Nylon commonly used on jumpsuits. It is the base material for Vertical, Liquid Sky and quite a few others. It is a lower denier nylon weave that is softer than say Cordura.