Deisel

PIA 2023 Recommendations

As I make plans to attend the upcoming symposium (with a brand new rigger's ticket in my pocket) I'm trying to decide which briefings to attend. A couple stand out as 'musts' like Bill Booth's presentation and Ron Bell's fatality summary, along with the reserve packing master classes. Just wondering if there were any recommendations on what other talks would be good to sit in on.

Also, are there gear deals to be had at this event? I've only been once before and that was years ago in Florida. Don't remember if there was much gear selling happening. 

4 hours ago, Deisel said:

As I make plans to attend the upcoming symposium (with a brand new rigger's ticket in my pocket) I'm trying to decide which briefings to attend. A couple stand out as 'musts' like Bill Booth's presentation and Ron Bell's fatality summary, along with the reserve packing master classes. Just wondering if there were any recommendations on what other talks would be good to sit in on.

Also, are there gear deals to be had at this event? I've only been once before and that was years ago in Florida. Don't remember if there was much gear selling happening. 

Hi Deisel,

As a new rigger, you might want to attend any on sewing machine adjustment/repair.

I always found those very interesting.

Jerry Baumchen

• Like 1

On 12/28/2022 at 7:12 AM, Deisel said:

Hi Deisel,

While these are not related to the PIA, you might also look at the videos put out by Deyan Bakardzhiev, under his Area 47 name:  A date with THE BEAST ep: 26 Sewing webbing with a blunt needle size 250 - YouTube

Jerry Baumchen