abyzet

State Farm Life Insurance

I read a bunch of older posts from 2006 about life insurance with State Farm. I recently applied and wish I had read those posts firsts. Does anyone know if they are still applying $1 or more per $1k of insurance? I'm not jumping very often. Would this affect this? Could I go back after the underwriting and explain I am taking a hiatus from the sport? Any thoughts?[:/] :(

With insurance you should be 100% honest on your application. If you say you are taking a hiatus and that isn't true you can end up not being insured. Insurance is not very useful if it doesn't pay out to your beneficiaries if something should happen to you.

You should also read the policy in detail. Some policies exclude high risk activities, so if skydiving is excluded in your policy you could end up with no insurance if that is how you end up dieing.

If you have any questions about your coverage you should discuss it with an insurance agent. It is much better to pay more for insurance that will protect your family as opposed to saving money on insurance and having your family end up with nothing.

When I applied for State Farm health insurance last year, they would not cover any incident relating to skydiving. They called me several times to confirm this. I would suspect that they have a similar policy for their life insurance. Basically it's useless if you get hurt/killed doing something they deem unsafe.

I haven't done business with State Farm since they bumped my car insurance premium up to $1200 a month without notice after I hit a patch of ice in a turn and plowed my front wheel into a curb. For one lousy $2000 repair in the a couple decades of driving, they did this. That was about 10 years ago and I avoid the company like the plague. Insurance in general is a slimy business, but I feel like they're the slimiest of the lot (At least that I've met.)
I'm trying to teach myself how to set things on fire with my mind. Hey... is it hot in here?

jumpwally

1200 a month ? is that correct ? :o

That's what I said, too. Then I said "You're fired". I've had two accidents in three decades of driving, wasn't at fault in the first one (Other driver parked on the side of the road and opened her door into my car as I drove by) so they've lost a lot more than they were ever going to gain by being dicks about it.
I'm trying to teach myself how to set things on fire with my mind. Hey... is it hot in here?