1 1
ryoder

Mission: Impossible - Dead Reckoning - Part One

I remember an old quote from Burt Reynolds where he said that any actor who does his own stunts is taking a check out of a stuntman's pocket. But it seems that Tom Cruise has built himself a movie star career specifically so he can do the funnest stuff he can think of. Good on him. And good on all the people who got a cool job and a fat paycheck helping him out. I'll paraphrase another old quote: Whosoever among us is not jealous may cast the first stone. Ha!

What stood out to me was the 500 training jumps. Then doing the equivalent motorcycle training. Then putting it all together until it was right. To me, that's what 'doing it the right way' looks like. 

I wonder how many practice runs Team Red Bull made before they put airplanes into the deck. 

I watched the latest "Mission Impossible, Dead Reckoning Part 1" over the weekend and rather enjoyed it. The film is a rollicking chase scene involving enough stunts to hold the attention of even jaded old me. The only room for improvement would be a bit more proximity-flying with his speed-wing.

Final credits included BASE pros "Alaska" John Devore and Miles Dasher.