3 3
brenthutch

Brittney Griner

3 hours ago, normiss said:

Why does your god continue to create things he hates? 

God loves us all so much that He provided His Son Jesus Christ to pay the penalty for our sinful choices. All we have to do is accept His grace and mercy. 

Y'all got me going, more to follow.

4 hours ago, lippy said:

You can choose to mock and disrespect your fellow humans, cast judgement upon them.  But you're going to Heaven because you're in Jesus's good books, those other sinners can face eternal consequences

It is not for me to judge. I have no personal vested interest in these folks. The Bible says they will not enter the kingdom of heaven.

Edited by RonD1120

3 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

Non answer. You simply can not know that, you might guess that or hope that but no more. Given the prevalence of homosexuality in nature how can you not suspect it is a natural thing, not a choice? There are cultures unaffected by Christianity, the matriarchal Gunas of Guna Yala for one example, that accept overt homosexuality and cross dressing as perfectly normal. Can you not suspect it is in their DNA?

You always want to choose some far out people group to create a hypothetical intellectual argument. I don't know anything about the Panamanian Aborigines. I can only guess that the Wycliff Bible Translators have not reached them, yet.

This I know, on 16 Mar 81 the Holy Spirit spoke to me and asked me what was my block against Jesus. I had no satisfactory answer. He showed the door of a C-47 and said, "You must have faith to go through the door."

Being born-again is an experience unlike anything else I had ever experienced. There is no intellectual reasoning that will produce it. I takes total surrenderr of the self, the ego, and ask Jesus Christ to forgive you and come into your heart. If you are sincere, total surrender, you receive the indwelling of the Holy Spirit.

It is a choice, no debate.

The Bible says the sins of the father will manifest down to the third or fourth generation. There is a genetic predisposition to alcoholism. Most professionals accept this. How can there be a genetic predisposition to homosexuality when homosexuals do not procreate? It is a choice.

BTW, Brittany looked and talked like a man last night at the NAACP awards. I still think he is a phoney. 

Edited by RonD1120

10 minutes ago, RonD1120 said:

How can there be a genetic predisposition to homosexuality when homosexuals do not procreate? It is a choice

The same way that Tay Sachs disease manifests.  Its victims generally die by the age of two, so they don’t procreate either. But genetics, and humans, are more complicated than that. God probably can encompass more than what humans can imagine

Wendy P. 

2 hours ago, RonD1120 said:

You always want to choose some far out people group to create a hypothetical intellectual argument. I don't know anything about the Panamanian Aborigines. I can only guess that the Wycliff Bible Translators have not reached them, yet.

This I know, on 16 Mar 81 the Holy Spirit spoke to me and asked me what was my block against Jesus. I had no satisfactory answer. He showed the door of a C-47 and said, "You must have faith to go through the door."

Being born-again is an experience unlike anything else I had ever experienced. There is no intellectual reasoning that will produce it. I takes total surrenderr of the self, the ego, and ask Jesus Christ to forgive you and come into your heart. If you are sincere, total surrender, you receive the indwelling of the Holy Spirit.

The Bible says the sins of the father will manifest down to the third or fourth generation. There is a genetic predisposition to alcoholism. Most professionals accept this. How can there be a genetic predisposition to homosexuality when homosexuals do not procreate? It is a choice.

BTW, Brittany looked and talked like a man last night at the NAACP awards. I still think he is a phoney. 

It was neither far out or hypothetical. It was an example. Your beliefs blind you to science. It is just that simple. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RonD1120 said:

The Bible says the sins of the father will manifest down to the third or fourth generation. There is a genetic predisposition to alcoholism. Most professionals accept this. How can there be a genetic predisposition to homosexuality when homosexuals do not procreate?

There are two reasons that a trait is propagated.

1) It has advantages to the person who is reproducing; thus people who possess that trait are favored over those who do not. (Example - fertility)
2) It has advantages to the society overall; thus societies where that trait is maintained are favored over those who do not, even if it makes some individuals less likely to reproduce. (Example - sickle cell anemia)

Homosexuality has no reproductive advantage.  Hence the second must be true.

It is a choice.

So there was a time in your life where you were sexually attracted to your fellow male soldiers as much as you were to women, and you just decided to act on one and not the other?  Did your brothers in arms know about that sexual attraction you had for them?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RonD1120 said:

Not that you'll care but I referenced the Guna people not to pick some far out group for some hypothetical intellectual argument but rather because my very recent personal interactions with the Guna are still fresh in my mind. They are a very interesting study beyond their views about human sexuality; they are artistic and live very primitively while at the same time straddling modernity out of necessity. My experience was that they valued politeness and fairness to each other, and to outsiders, as a primary value. They tend to see acts of friendliness as acts of friendship. When harmed or trespassed against they seem to react very slowly, turning the other cheek, until finally doing something measured to protect their interests. They live for today without thought for tomorrow, the very essence of the teachings of Jesus of Nazareth. The Guna don't need any missionaries to learn to act like Christians. In fact, Christians would be well served to take note of all of the "Christian" behavior in their fellows in the Guna and far beyond.  There is a real world out there, Ron, and you are totally missing out.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, RonD1120 said:

The Bible says they will not enter the kingdom of heaven.

It doesn't. And even if your warped analysis decides it does, who cares. The bible says I can't eat shellfish either but the chowder on my stove smells really good.

3 hours ago, Stumpy said:

It doesn't. And even if your warped analysis decides it does, who cares. The bible says I can't eat shellfish either but the chowder on my stove smells really good.

Chowdah. That Jebus dude pretended to die for chowdah.

Ron skips right over his god creating all the things Ron hates. 

One thing I find ironic is that the far right has recently been outraged that some students, upon learning what white people have done to minorities in the US, become ashamed of what their race has done.  As a result, they want history canceled, and a new "whites rule!" history substituted.  (For example, re-spinning the massacres of Native American tribes as minor disagreements that ended in treaties amicable to both sides, or saying that many blacks were perfectly happy as slaves, and freeing them was harmful to them.)  They do not want their children to feel any shame for being white.

These same far right types also tell those same kids that they have to go to church, go to confession, accept Jesus into their heart etc as a penalty/atonement for their sinful choices.  They want them to feel shame for their sins.

It's pretty clear that it's all about control.  They want their children to feel shame and remorse - but only about the things that they want them to feel shame about.  That way they are easier to control.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, billvon said:

There are two reasons that a trait is propagated.

1) It has advantages to the person who is reproducing; thus people who possess that trait are favored over those who do not. (Example - fertility)
2) It has advantages to the society overall; thus societies where that trait is maintained are favored over those who do not, even if it makes some individuals less likely to reproduce. (Example - sickle cell anemia)

Homosexuality has no reproductive advantage.  Hence the second must be true.

So there was a time in your life where you were sexually attracted to your fellow male soldiers as much as you were to women, and you just decided to act on one and not the other?  Did your brothers in arms know about that sexual attraction you had for them?

I was never faced with that choice. My choices in the military were women or skydives.

3 hours ago, normiss said:

Chowdah. That Jebus dude pretended to die for chowdah.

Ron skips right over his god creating all the things Ron hates. 

I'm sure God has a good reason for the guinea worm, ebola virus or malaria parasite.  We just aren't smart enough to figure out what it is.

51 minutes ago, jakee said:

Then why isn’t every other man’s choice only between women and skydiving? 

I'm glad I went Navy. We had many more choices, and we were able to make those choices.

Those that were born the way they were though, those folks had a tough time when I was in. I hated seeing people discharged for being born a way that religious insanity disagreed with. Yet that dick of a god just keeps on making them that way. He surely likes to anger his followers. Easier to create the hateful atmosphere it would seem.

I knew a number of gay men in the service I would trust my life with over pretty much every religious zealot I knew. Some of those guys were self righteous hateful ass hats who seemed to be looking forward to everyone's death as a celebration.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Stumpy said:
On 2/27/2023 at 3:46 PM, RonD1120 said:

The Bible says they will not enter the kingdom of heaven.

It doesn't. And even if your warped analysis decides it does, who cares. 

Ok, so you don't care about that stuff, but then why do you feel the need to lie that it's not in the Bible?  Or are you arguing semantics between the words 'enter' and inherit?  Or do you really not know that it's listed in 1 Corinthians 6:9-11?

"Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. And such were some of you. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God."

And note that it doesn't say homosexuality in and of itself, but rather the practice of if.  Some translations say "men who have sex with men," which actually is a choice, regardless of who or what you identify as.

And just because you don't care, doesn't mean that others don't, so why try to hinder those that could benefit from such passages?  Like they say, he who has ears let him hear.

(edited)
Just now, Coreece said:

Ok, so you don't care about that stuff, but then why do you feel the need to lie that it's not in the Bible?  Or are you arguing semantics between the words 'enter' and inherit?  Or do you really not know that it's listed in 1 Corinthians 6:9-11?

"Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. And such were some of you. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God."

And note that it doesn't say homosexuality in and of itself, but rather the practice of if.  Some translations say "men who have sex with men," which actually is a choice, regardless of who or what you identify as.

And just because you don't care, doesn't mean that others don't, so why try to hinder those that could benefit from such passages?  Like they say, he who has ears let him hear.

Well you have us again:

9 Or do you not know that the unrighteous[a] will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, 10 nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. 11 And such were some of you. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.

Now you have me curious. By curious so to speak, and you made the argument, that parsing enter and inherit makes it a nonsensical argument. That said, you still have a lot of work to do. So if you are bi-curious but never enter, if you get my drift, are you sexually immoral? Then also what constitutes a drunkard? Anything more than the AMA 3 standard drinks a week? Would my standard 3 standard drinks to get started meet the standard? For that matter, what if you are an unfortunate cheap date and one beer gets you laid is that a two-fer? If you hug your buddy on the way to your new girlfriends car is that a three-fer? I'm thinking that as long as you are being righteous you might take it all the way in and explain just what constitutes who is what in 1 Corinthians 6:9-1.

Edited by JoeWeber

1 minute ago, JoeWeber said:

Now you have me curious. By curious so to speak, and you made the argument, that parsing enter and inherit makes it a nonsensical argument. That said, you still have a lot of work to do. So if you are bi-curious but never enter, if you get my drift, are you sexually immoral? Then also what constitutes a drunkard? Anything more than the AMA 3 standard drinks a week? Would my standard 3 standard drinks to get started meet the standard? For that matter, what if you are an unfortunate cheap date and one beer gets you laid is that a two-fer? If you hug your buddy on the way to your new girlfriends car is that a three-fer? I'm thinking that as long as you are being righteous you might take it all the way in and explain just what constitutes who is what in 1 Corinthians 6:9-1.

As in all theological arguments it probably depends on the quality of the representation you have when you stand in front of the Lord to be judged. Yes, there will be lawyers if not in Heaven then waiting at the gates.