3 3
brenthutch

Brittney Griner

45 minutes ago, riggerrob said:

That dishonorably discharged US Marine - Paul Whelan - held 4 passports: Canadian, Irish, British and American.

I still don't understand how a person can hold more than one passport????????

Apparently one can have citizenship in more than one country, which would lead to more than one passport. But I'm not sure how you get citizenship in four countries...

Wendy P.

1 hour ago, wmw999 said:

Apparently one can have citizenship in more than one country, which would lead to more than one passport. But I'm not sure how you get citizenship in four countries...

Wendy P.

The liberal application of money. Easy, peasy.

Edited by JoeWeber
To acknowledge a possible Freudian slip......

1 hour ago, wmw999 said:

Wendy P.

Canadian and Northern Irish parents living in the US at the time of the child's birth. Child is US citizen by birth, entitled to Canadian and Irish citizenship because of parentage and Northern Ireland is part of the United Kingdom as well as part of Ireland.

1 hour ago, wmw999 said:

Wendy P.

A Canadian, an American, an Englishman, and an Irishman walk into a bar. Each one orders a pint. Four flies land, one on each glass.

The Canadian refuses to pay for his beer, American gags and pushes his drink away. The Englishman shrugs, flicks the fly away, and drinks his beer. The Irishman picks up the fly, shakes it up and down, and shouts, "Spit it out, fucker!"

17 hours ago, riggerrob said:

I still don't understand how a person can hold more than one passport????????

I am just about to get my third passport. Was born in 1 country (passport 1). Was born to American parents and grew up in the US (passport 2). Immigrated to another country a few years ago and am just coming up on applying for citizenship (passport 3). Most countries will allow you to be a citizen of up to two other countries.

Not only can you hold more than one passport, but because of multiple citizenships, you may be required to. For example, all three countries to which I have or am getting citizenship, require you to use a local passport to enter the country. If you are a US citizen, you MUST enter the US using a US passport. But when I get my Colombian citizenship, I MUST enter Colombia using the CO passport. So to travel between the US and CO, I MUST use two different passports.

Edited by okalb

1 hour ago, okalb said:

I am just about to get my third passport. Was born in 1 country (passport 1). Was born to American parents and grew up in the US (passport 2). Immigrated to another country a few years ago and am just coming up on applying for citizenship (passport 3). Most countries will allow you to be a citizen of up to two other countries.

Don't ever run for President! :D 

1 hour ago, okalb said:

I am just about to get my third passport. ... So to travel between the US and CO, I MUST use two different passports.

"Forget yachts and private jets. The new status symbol in today’s world is a second passport, or at least a second residency abroad."  So Joe's yacht and fleet of A/C have nothing on you!!

Comparing Taxes with Citizenship by Investment can be The Zero-Tax Citizen: Tax-Friendly Second Passports

spacer.png

• Like 1

On 12/10/2022 at 8:17 AM, RonD1120 said:

It's in my DNA. I was born this way.

If you believe that is true, how do you square that with your denigrating dismissals of the lifestyles and beliefs of others who were "born this way"? Is it not likely that homosexuality etc. etc. is in those of your fellow human beings DNA?

3 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

If you believe that is true, how do you square that with your denigrating dismissals of the lifestyles and beliefs of others who were "born this way"?

I think he's being sarcastic, like the bumper sticker that says "my truck identifies as a Prius."

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, billvon said:

I think he's being sarcastic, like the bumper sticker that says "my truck identifies as a Prius."

Even if he is, and that's a level of subtlety he's never exposed to date, his work is all still ahead and good luck getting a cogent explanation of his intended nuance. No, he is simply oblivious to his non stop hypocricy.

On 2/24/2023 at 7:00 PM, JoeWeber said:

If you believe that is true, how do you square that with your denigrating dismissals of the lifestyles and beliefs of others who were "born this way"? Is it not likely that homosexuality etc. etc. is in those of your fellow human beings DNA?

Took you long enough. 8-)

6 minutes ago, RonD1120 said:

Homosexuals are making a choice with tragic eternal consequences.

Why does your god continue to create things he hates? Seems rather dickish to me. Although it is hilarious when a christian couple give birth to a non-binary human. That's seriously dickish at that point. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, RonD1120 said:

You can choose to mock and disrespect your fellow humans, cast judgement upon them.  But you're going to Heaven because you're in Jesus's good books, those other sinners can face eternal consequences

5 minutes ago, RonD1120 said:

Non answer. You simply can not know that, you might guess that or hope that but no more. Given the prevalence of homosexuality in nature how can you not suspect it is a natural thing, not a choice? There are cultures unaffected by Christianity, the matriarchal Gunas of Guna Yala for one example, that accept overt homosexuality and cross dressing as perfectly normal. Can you not suspect it is in their DNA?