3 3
brenthutch

Brittney Griner

(edited)
51 minutes ago, lippy said:

Copy and paste a headline from Fox, nice Brent. Did you actually read the article this time at least???

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/brittney-griner-coming-home-stand-anthem-back-usa.amp

For Brent a Black, woman and lesbian, grates at his very republican manhood. The FOX article starts off stating the right of Americans to protest. Then goes on to suggest that she should give up that right now that she is free. Instead of suggesting that she should continue to not stand. To show the world, Iran, N. Korea and Russia that protest in America is a constitutional right. A protected right. A necessary right when display of political ideals is necessary.

Black, lesbian, woman and famous. All factors that grate on the very souls of FOX viewers.

Edited by Phil1111
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

Why, is she not free now?

Could you have made it more clear that to you "freedom" means that people are free to do exactly what you want them to do, but nothing else.

Reminds me of the right wing argument against gay marriage.  "They have exactly the same rights I have!  I can marry women.  They can marry women.  Same-same!"  Similar to the arguments against interracial marriage.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RonD1120 said:

I believe Britttney Griner is a man who was/is not good enough to play in the NBA. So, he took an alternative.

It is a national shame that a US Marine is still in Russian prison.

Ron, that's a shameful thing to say, and based only on her size and athleticism, with a touch of partisan mean-spiritidness.

She has never, ever, been a boy or man. Her father is a (probably by now retired) sheriff's deputy who's a two-time Vietnam veteran (they're known for being comfortable with gender fluidity, right?). Her father said that she's been confused with being a boy for much of her life, so I guess if you go by looks alone... But I'd imagine that her father would know better. Here is an article from 14 years ago, while she was still in high school. Her family, friends, and school have all been consistent all along.

She's no more male than my uncle Carl (5'3" and very slight) was female. He was a tank commander in WW2.

Wendy P.

• Like 2

(edited)

Ron,

Pease try to be more polite and more respectful of people who are outside your circle. There are a few gays and lesbians and even trans-gender person at my work and they are all more polite than you.

Since I will never have sex with those gays, lesbians or trans-gender people, I have no right to pry into their private lives. By the same token, Ron has no right to pry into my private life since I will never have sex with him.

Stay in your own lane and mind you own business.

What did Jesus say about "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone?"

P.S. That is old-school Universalist in me speaking. Universalism started as a minor off-shoot of Christianity.

Edited by riggerrob

I am just glad that the political prisoner named Britney Griner has gone home.

I also hope that the Russian arms-dealer - that was traded for her - has spent so many years in prison that all of his old contacts have gotten stale or retired. The last thing we need is another shady Russian helping Mr. Poutine buy more arms.

28 minutes ago, riggerrob said:

I am just glad that the political prisoner named Britney Griner has gone home.

I also hope that the Russian arms-dealer - that was traded for her - has spent so many years in prison that all of his old contacts have gotten stale or retired. The last thing we need is another shady Russian helping Mr. Poutine buy more arms.

Yep. When I heard that he only was likely to serve another 2-3 years because he'd be on parole after that, it started to sound like a better trade. As far as the prioritization, I just don't know enough about that. But I'm really glad it's not me choosing.

Wendy P.

• Like 1

I believe Britttney Griner is a man who was/is not good enough to play in the NBA. So, he took an alternative.

Not doubt you put the same effort into solidifying that belief with facts as you have what else you believe.

Have you received one of your coded messages confirming that he wasn't spying, even a little bit? After all, if he is just a nobody businessman caught up in worldwide injustice why wouldn't he have been freed in a swap by Trump long before Griner's stupidity cost the US a big bargaining chip?

• Like 1

Just now, JoeWeber said:

Have you received one of your coded messages confirming that he wasn't spying, even a little bit? After all, if he is just a nobody businessman caught up in worldwide injustice why wouldn't he have been freed in a swap by Trump long before Griner's stupidity cost the US a big bargaining chip?

Good point.  It's unfortunate Trump ignored his plight, and I await Ron's defense of him for doing that.

A dishonest FORMER Marine with a BCD. A disgusting FORMER Marine who attempted resorting to espionage to make money, his country be damned. Fuck him.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, normiss said:

A dishonest FORMER Marine with a BCD. A disgusting FORMER Marine who attempted resorting to espionage to make money, his country be damned. Fuck him.

I read this yesterday, and was surprised how sketchy his background is; So sketchy in fact, that it made me wonder if it is accurate:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Whelan_(security_director)

• Like 1

You know that your hero, Trump, had plenty of opportunity to attempt to free Paul Whelan, right?

John Bolton has said that Trump decided just to ignore the whole thing. 

Biden is and has been negotiating for his release. 

5 minutes ago, wolfriverjoe said:

Biden is and has been negotiating for his release. 

Indeed, the deal was originally for Griner and Whelan.  After initially agreeing, Russia backtracked and refused to release Whelan as well.  Whelan's brother said that he was glad Biden "made the deal that was possible, rather than waiting for one that wasn’t going to happen."

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, billvon said:

Indeed, the deal was originally for Griner and Whelan.  After initially agreeing, Russia backtracked and refused to release Whelan as well.  Whelan's brother said that he was glad Biden "made the deal that was possible, rather than waiting for one that wasn’t going to happen."

Yup. Whelan's family has praised Biden for his efforts. 

And I came across something else while searching.

Back in April, Biden arranged the release of a Marine veteran who had been arrested for public intoxication, facing a 9 year sentence.

He was swapped for a Russian pilot who had been convicted of drug trafficking. 

https://www.texastribune.org/2022/04/27/trevor-reed-texas-russia-prison-swap/

He was arrested in the summer of 2019. Apparently Trump didn't give a shit about him either.