mozhuakenyao

anybody jumping Orange rig?

Don't buy it orange if you don't want it to fade. Neon colors (orange, light green, hot pink, light yellow) always fade quite fast. Take a look at this presentation:

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=3131726;search_string=color%20pia;#3131726

It studies the effect of UV light on canopies depending on their colors. I don't think the effects on containers are very different. A friend of mine bought a vector 3, neon orange. It was in pretty good condition, but the orange was almost completely faded away. It was particularly noticeable when you compared it with areas that were not normally exposed to UV, like the inside part of the riser covers.

There are two "oranges" common in the industry. Neon Orange, which does fade fast, really fast. And "Orange" which holds up just fine. Make sure you ask which orange the company offers.
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

diablopilot

There are two "oranges" common in the industry. Neon Orange, which does fade fast, really fast. And "Orange" which holds up just fine. Make sure you ask which orange the company offers.

I just got a Curv and ordered the standard (not bright neon) orange on the logos for this exact reason.

I have a 9 year old icon that navy and orange. Orange still looks new. I jump in Florida, and I've slid in 2 landings on this container. But I'm in Florida. Much uv. My wife has a 1 year old icon with mostly neon pink. Faded as fuck already. We jump the same amount so side by side, aerodyne's orange they used years ago is better than the neon pink they use now. That's the only sure conclusion, but I'd say with orange you'd be golden.

Added: my (assumed neon orange) cutaway handle is faded as fuck. So obviously it's a different orange. Used to be more neon if I'm remembering correctly
I was that kid jumping out if his tree house with a bed sheet. My dad wouldn't let me use the ladder to try the roof...