diverdriver320

Need help with Hero 2 video editing

Hello,
I am a TI working at a dz who shoots handycam. Their editing system is set up for hero 2 pictures, but they use the Sony camera for the video editing. I have the dual GoPro Hero 2 setup, which means I either have to make another investment and buy a Sony camera and glove to use with their system, or I need to find a way to edit my own videos with my Hero 2. It's really simple because we just burn the pics to one DVD and burn the video mp4 files to another. With their system, they play the video through a widescreen television and let the students watch while a DVD burner records the footage.
Here is my question:
What is the easiest (and cheapest) devices that I can invest in that will allow me to burn my videos from my hero 2 to a DVD while the footage plays on a television simultaneously? Please keep in mind that I have very little experience with editing and my computer skills are marginal, at best.
Thanks

I mostly just publish to youtube, and have used MS Movie Maker to edit clips for that. I'm not sure if you can author DVDs with it, but it's a free download from Microsoft if that'd suit your needs.

Currently I'm using Kdenlive on a Linux system. It's a much more powerful editor with a decent number of tutorials on youtube, but requires a decent bit of computer know-hot to get started with. It's also free, though.

Pretty much anything involving a video editor and DVD authoring is probably going to have a bit of a learning curve. Maybe someone else will have a suggestion that doesn't involve having to go down a rabbit hole.
I'm trying to teach myself how to set things on fire with my mind. Hey... is it hot in here?

I like to use Windows Movie Maker for smaller and fun videos. Easy to use, and imports well from GoPro and other devices.

For DVD authoring, I suggest using AppGeeker DVD Creator, I have ever used it to burn my footages, happy with the results.