thhancock3

Cheap skydiving

Question

Hi, im looking for a place where I can get a load of cheap jumps in for about a month to make some good progress.  Anywhere in the world but preferably europe. Thanks

8 answers to this question

1 hour ago, thhancock3 said:

Hi, im looking for a place where I can get a load of cheap jumps in for about a month to make some good progress.  Anywhere in the world but preferably europe. Thanks

Cheap jumps? Good luck with that.

• Like 1

On 12/1/2022 at 11:19 AM, thhancock3 said:

Out of cheap aircraft with crappy pilots, incompetent coaches, and jumping timed out gear? You're the perfect customer.

On 12/1/2022 at 3:19 PM, thhancock3 said:

Try Skydive Spain in Seville - they have good weather all year round, can probably sort out accommodation and transport etc at a reasonable price. You won't get 'cheap' jumps but the overall price should level out. Alternatively, you could contact Skydive Atmosphera (sp) also based in Seville, who can probably offer some type of all-in deal. Or contact Scotty Milne at Active Skydiving. He runs monthly AFF trips down to Seville, except during high summer, and is always happy to have licenced jumpers along with his group. That way you get to share transport/accomocdation etc which all helps with the overall price and thereby brings your price per jump down. Seville have good aircraft, altitude 15k every jump, good gear if you want to hire and so on.  I get what you mean by 'cheap' jumps - maybe you could have worded it better!! 'Cheap' and 'skydiving' don't always fit well in the same sentence. Blue Skies. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

Out of cheap aircraft with crappy pilots, ..... ? You're the perfect customer.

I tried that but did not enjoy it.

27 minutes ago, riggerrob said:

I tried that but did not enjoy it.

Yep, that's called experience, something you have in spades. Don't let it go to your silly head but Wendy is too right: you are a treasure.

• Like 1

(edited)

1) Provide some detail of what you seek and what time of year; don’t just say "what’s cheap guys?"

2) When taking advice, be cognisant of who you’re listening to.  Jump numbers don’t mean much if that person has done all or the majority of his/her jumps at just one DZ.  For people that have only jumped at one or two drop zones, don’t listen to them at all – what do they have for comparison?

Regarding the mention of Skydive Spain, Seville above, I heard good reviews and recently spent two weeks there, however I was QUITE disappointed and have no intention to visit again.  I wish someone would have warned me prior (for reference, I’ve jumped over 40 DZs including US, Europe, Africa & Australia).

You said preference for Europe, however if you’re going for several weeks, I’d suggest finding a cheap flight to Florida and jumping at Zephyrhills.  Even with the weak British Pound everything is still cheaper in the US.

Edited by RMK

Thanks for the recommendations.

Since fuel and labour rates vary significantly around the world I thought this might translate into jump prices but as far as I can tell prices are very similar.