Neely47

Is 5'11 and 200 pounds (male) too "fat" for skydiving and an automatic disqualification?

I'm 6'1 and 270 pounds. My exit weight is 303 pounds and I started AFF last November. It took me about 6 calls to find a dropzone that had a Navigator 300 which put me close to a 1to1 ratio and I was fine, moved
to a Nav280 after 9 jumps, then after about 30 jumps went to a Sabre2 260. I have been to 23 different dropzones in the past 3 months which I am almost always the biggest guy there but it can be done and I am still a very new skydiver. To answer your question "NO" you are not to big to skydive. You just need to find a place that will have a rig big enough for you to jump safely and listen to your instructors so you can be safe. If there is a will there is a way brother. Blue Skies!

I'm also 5'11 and 210 lbs naked. (~ 400 jumps now) I have a friend who is over 6ft and over 300 lbs without gear (athletic build <-- Not joking, think "The Mountain" from Game of Thrones) He has many hundreds of jumps more than I do too.

Being big and heavy will not keep you from jumping, but it will negatively affect your experience, you'll be fighting to float to jump with others. Belly is more easily adapted but more advanced flying (free-flying and Wingsuit included) will be more of a challenge.

If you want to struggle a lot less, then get into shape, yoga and cardio. Skydiving is an athletic endeavor, especially at higher level activities.