coolskydiverguy

Opening impact

Don't know about opening shock, but I just recently had my second cutaway. I was in a flat spin under about seven line twists. The next day I noticed I still had indentations in the skin of my left shoulder from my harness. Just something to think about in case you need to save your own life. :P

I am definitely not knowledgeable enough in the sport for you to go off what I experience, but when I have an opening after belly-to-earth freefall, I notice that I feel only a small amount of pressure on my shoulders just as the main is being extracted. After that I am usually at a slight angle for the remainder of the opening and I feel most of the opening shock against my legs/hips.

Perhaps I'm just not noticing the force, but either way I personally wouldn't want to risk even more time out of the game or inability to deal with a mal or even basic canopy maneuvers if it broke.
"I would rather be ashes than dust. I would rather be a majestic eagle riding a missile across the sky with sparklers than be an old couch potato." - Jack London (paraphrased)