Koric101

First Cutaway ...yes I know, beer

Finally joined the club yesterday. After about 20 wingsuit jumps, went for my first jump on a brand new suit. Flight went great, pull was smooth, then for some reason, even though I know better, went for my arm zippers during deployment. Canopy inflation or body position may have had an effect as well, but found myself staring up at 5-6 line twists. After a few seconds started a nice spiral straight down and had 3 or 4 twists left at my hard deck, bye bye main.

Reserve deployment was extremely quick with no issues. It appeared the skyhook deployed it with how fast it was out, but the free bag fell separate from the main so not too sure. I saw reserve bridle before it felt like I was even done chopping.

Now for the best parts: No handle, no main (...yet, got dark, looking again), no free bag, no video (forgot to hit record, good video of flight down though!), and best of all, it was re-packed 20 minutes prior to this jump! (He never told me not to test it out right???)

Anyway, my free birthday jump ended up being rather expensive but everything did what it was supposed to so no complaints here!

...oh, and yes, there will be beer.

How long is your pilot chute bridle and how large is the pilot chute?
It's rather easy for the d-bag to spin in the burble over your back.
You could leave more lines unstowed - don't use the last rubber bad stow and give some more slack for the pilot chute to travel bit farther.

Good job on saving yourself!
BEER.
B|

ETA- Me learning this lesson
Also of note, this was Tony Suit early prototype suit with webbie hands - so it took a while to peel those off. :D

normiss

How long is your pilot chute bridle and how large is the pilot chute?
It's rather easy for the d-bag to spin in the burble over your back.
You could leave more lines unstowed - don't use the last rubber bad stow and give some more slack for the pilot chute to travel bit farther.

Good job on saving yourself!
BEER.
B|

ETA- Me learning this lesson
Also of note, this was Tony Suit early prototype suit with webbie hands - so it took a while to peel those off. :D

Well, that looked shockingly similar haha. Standard length bridle, possibly was a factor, been considering an extension, didn't notice a delay on it though. I use the UPT semi stowless bag, usually really smooth, no rubber band issues there. Not sure on size of PC either. Didn't have much twisting until I went for the zipper, might have been coincidence but definitely going to remember that for the future.

I am happy you found your stuff.

I wish I had learned this earlier in my WS jumping, learning to take hold of the handle, holding it, focusing on position, and then pitching without being rushed did wonders for my deployment.

My deployment skills were indeed just fine. But one day I was practicing sinking in and delaying deployment because of high upper winds at 4,000. Holding the handle for 3 or 4 seconds a few times, changed my perspective on things. It settled me down a lot and really put an end to the feeling of "get it now because it is pitch time".

I am not suggesting going low but being good at 3600 is better than sloppy at 3800.
Instructor quote, “What's weird is that you're older than my dad!”