4 4
jakebaustin

Dropzones closing down

10 minutes ago, nwt said:

Anomie has stated pretty clearly this isn't the case

This isn't a choice the new owners are entitled to make--the lease comes with the property.

What I'm trying to get at is simple: Taking advantage of imperfections not contemplated by either side previously, for the sole purpose of undermining the spirit of the lease, makes you a motherfucker. Agree or disagree?

Disagree. There are too many variables, all unknown to us. The only thing we can know is that regardless of whatever heartfelt thing gets posted online it is possible that the new owners had every legal right. 

56 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

Disagree. There are too many variables, all unknown to us. The only thing we can know is that regardless of whatever heartfelt thing gets posted online it is possible that the new owners had every legal right. 

Again, this is ridiculous.  I can't get into the details here, but the new owners intended to use their shit lawyers to squeeze us off the land and our DZ is not a money dz and someone who is not the DZO got involved to assist with the legal fight.  Again, without getting into details, we chose to leave.  Figure out what that means knowing there are non-disclosures in play.  Ask yourself why this may be the case if the landowner had the rights or even a decent legal argument.  

26 minutes ago, anomie168 said:

Again, this is ridiculous.  I can't get into the details here, but the new owners intended to use their shit lawyers to squeeze us off the land and our DZ is not a money dz and someone who is not the DZO got involved to assist with the legal fight.  Again, without getting into details, we chose to leave.  Figure out what that means knowing there are non-disclosures in play.  Ask yourself why this may be the case if the landowner had the rights or even a decent legal argument.  

I hope it all works out for you.

2 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

it is possible that the new owners had every legal right. 

What I've been trying to say so many different ways is that acting within the law doesn't preclude you from being a motherfucker. It's fine if you disagree, but why are you being so evasive and deliberately obtuse?

1 hour ago, nwt said:

What I've been trying to say so many different ways is that acting within the law doesn't preclude you from being a motherfucker. It's fine if you disagree, but why are you being so evasive and deliberately obtuse?

Because I do not have the documents in front of me. We have no clue if the new airport owners are fancy dressers and nifty dancers or, as claimed, motherfuckers. Could be that they are cookie delivering, puppy loving, and just wonderful folks who bought an airport that had no legal lessee. You also have no clue so why are you up in arms? 

I was manifested on a load to make a jump with a couple friends.  We got bumped down a load because of tandems.  I understand tandems are money makers.  Well the plane sat on the ground for 20 minutes while they got the tandems ready.  So we are up next.  Before the plane lands, we are bumped down again for the next tandem load and the plane sits on the ground again.  I have to scratch because I have to be somewhere.  The DZO says to me "If I knew you had to leave, I would have sent your load".  That didn't sit too well with me.  The DZO is no longer operating at that airport.  I guess I should mention that I own the airport.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Bigfalls said:

I was manifested on a load to make a jump with a couple friends.  We got bumped down a load because of tandems.  I understand tandems are money makers.  Well the plane sat on the ground for 20 minutes while they got the tandems ready.  So we are up next.  Before the plane lands, we are bumped down again for the next tandem load and the plane sits on the ground again.  I have to scratch because I have to be somewhere.  The DZO says to me "If I knew you had to leave, I would have sent your load".  That didn't sit too well with me.  The DZO is no longer operating at that airport.  I guess I should mention that I own the airport.

So you're a skydiver, airport owner, and a motherfucker? And here I thought it was just me.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, nwt said:

It’s because he sits on dropzone.com all day replying to posts and trying to be clever on the internet rather than doing anything else with his life.  Obviously

15 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

So you're a skydiver, airport owner, and a motherfucker? And here I thought it was just me.

The DZO is the only one that thinks I am one of the "7 words you can't say on TV" but all the other skydivers are glad that he is gone.

On 11/11/2022 at 12:12 PM, nwt said:

What do you need to see? Do you mean to suggest that if the landowners were behaving in an obviously malicious way but might *technically* be within the lease that they are not motherfuckers? I would disagree.

Got ahead of yourself, no worries.