1 1
ronaldheadrick

reflex tray size

yes i have a reflex container the tray size i have found says it is a r460 i have a raven 181 reserve how big of a main will fit with the 181 raven reserve will a triathlon 210 fit ok i know i can get it in there but is it ok the tso on the container is c23d 

Edited by ronaldheadrick
added more info

I have a R475, also with a Raven -M 181. I it will hold up to a 210 sabre or pilot but is fairly tight but acceptable. When built, it was ordered for a 190 Sabre 2.  

riggerMick,

if you're watching what do you recommend for parts such as PC and stuff since can't hardly find reflex parts?  I bought mine new in 2000 and still love it. Never had an issue other than me getting larger.

On 1/13/2023 at 6:36 AM, JWilt73 said:

I have a R475, also with a Raven -M 181. I it will hold up to a 210 sabre or pilot but is fairly tight but acceptable. When built, it was ordered for a 190 Sabre 2.  

riggerMick,

if you're watching what do you recommend for parts such as PC and stuff since can't hardly find reflex parts?  I bought mine new in 2000 and still love it. Never had an issue other than me getting larger.

What do you need?

Currently thinking about a new main PC as mine is original and although still working, worried what I should do for a replacement before it's absolutely needed.  Also thinking about if I would have to chop and don't keep a handle(s).. that sort of thing. Are there aftermarket that you would recommend?

9 hours ago, JWilt73 said:

Currently thinking about a new main PC as mine is original and although still working, worried what I should do for a replacement before it's absolutely needed.  Also thinking about if I would have to chop and don't keep a handle(s).. that sort of thing. Are there aftermarket that you would recommend?

The standard way of dealing with obsolete orphaned systems is to stay away from them. The other way of dealing with them is to understand that they have very little resale value so you can buy them cheaply but you are taking a risk that you won't be able to replace parts if you lose them. You may end up with an unusable item in the back of a closet. Main PCs can be replaced with generic ones, talk to a rigger. Handles can also be substituted. The real thing to be concerned about is if you lose your reserve PC and freebag. Those are container specific.

• Like 1

On 1/19/2023 at 10:34 AM, JWilt73 said:

Main pilot chutes from most rigs are interchangeable, you may need a competent rigger to replace it. I may have a spare or two I can give you, I'll look. As far as custom parts go, contact Ray Farrell at action air in Davis CA, he has all of the intellectual and physical property for the Reflex. If he doesn't have a part on hand he should be able to fabricate one for you. 

On 1/22/2023 at 10:23 AM, riggermick said:

Main pilot chutes from most rigs are interchangeable, you may need a competent rigger to replace it. I may have a spare or two I can give you, I'll look. As far as custom parts go, contact Ray Farrell at action air in Davis CA, he has all of the intellectual and physical property for the Reflex. If he doesn't have a part on hand he should be able to fabricate one for you. 

Wasn't there some rumblings of the Reflex going back into production a while ago? Do you ever foresee that happening? 

On 2/1/2023 at 6:31 AM, Unstable said:

Wasn't there some rumblings of the Reflex going back into production a while ago? Do you ever foresee that happening? 

Ray Farrell of action air in Davis CA owns all of the intellectual and physical assets of Flightline Inc, has done since 2001. What he intended or still intends to do is up to him, I have no dog in that hunt. I personally have some stuff,  but not a lot. If you need a part or some insight maybe I can help. Ray is your go to guy for everything Reflex related, that's it. Hope this clears things up for you and everyone else. All the best. 

Mick.

• Like 1

..Sorry, Haven't been logged in for a while.

Thanks for your help Mick. a local rigger reached out to Action Air and they were told that unfortunately they had some incident that involved water damage and they lost all of the reflex parts on hand and they are no longer going to be making new ones. So that being said. If you would happen to have any freebags w/ pilot chutes  especially in size R4, I would love to get a couple. I would like one and I know the rigger that reached out to Action Air is actively looking for a replacement for someone that also happens to be an R4..

Thanks,

John