1 1
wmw999

Jane Fonda vs Donald Trump

I’ve been in old stomping grounds the last week+, and we were talking about shows we watch. I mentioned “Grace and Frankie” (cute, not earth-shattering), and the response was all about the evils of Jane Fonda. That same person has excused Jan 6 as “an expression of free speech.”

Why is it that what Jane Fonda did as a young woman was so very evil that even 50+ years later, with apologies, it casts her off completely, while what Donald Trump did, in bandwagoning on the “ divide and conquer” approach to OUR COUNTRY, is OK?

Wendy P. 

1 hour ago, wmw999 said:

Why is it that what Jane Fonda did as a young woman was so very evil that even 50+ years later, with apologies, it casts her off completely, while what Donald Trump did, in bandwagoning on the “ divide and conquer” approach to OUR COUNTRY, is OK?

They are on different teams. It's just that simple. 

16 hours ago, wmw999 said:

I’ve been in old stomping grounds the last week+, and we were talking about shows we watch. I mentioned “Grace and Frankie” (cute, not earth-shattering), and the response was all about the evils of Jane Fonda. That same person has excused Jan 6 as “an expression of free speech.”

Wendy P. 

Hi Wendy,

Pres. Jimmie Carter pardoned all the draft dodgers that went to Canada.

At first, I was sort of irked about his doing this.  Later, I came to accept it.

I see no reason for not doing the same for Jane Fonda,

I mean, who wants to have what they at 17 did in the back seat of their dad's Chevy, hang over their head for the rest of their life?

IMO Jane has more than atoned for what she did.

Jerry Baumchen

18 hours ago, wmw999 said:

Wendy P. 

My dad served in the Vietnam war, and if Jane Fonda is ever mentioned he loses his shit still to this day.  

1 minute ago, tonyhays said:

My dad served in the Vietnam war, and if Jane Fonda is ever mentioned he loses his shit still to this day.  

I am reminded of Ron who feels a similar way.  But when Trump being a draft dodger was brought up, he replied something along the line of "oh, I wasn't all that political back then, so I didn't really care about draft dodgers.  So that's OK."

• Like 2

Jane Fonda is Hollywood, a woman, and disrespected the US Military. An easy target to keep winding people up about.

January 6 insurrection participants are patriotic Americans that have been disenfranchised by a rigged election forcing the greatest president in history out of office.

it’s different.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, grimmie said:

Jane Fonda is Hollywood, a woman, and disrespected the US Military. An easy target to keep winding people up about.

January 6 insurrection participants are patriotic Americans that have been disenfranchised by a rigged election forcing the greatest president in history out of office.

it’s different.

Rigged Election? Let me guess. You saw a video and it was so convincing.

Thank God the integrity of our elections is kept in check by courts of law and not by Youtube videos.

At least so far.

10 hours ago, gowlerk said:

Apparently sarcasm is a risky thing to employ in an online forum. Ask Joe.

Sarcasm is only effective when there is some agreed upon standard of crazy. Otherwise, it's too difficult to distinguish that sarcasm from an intentional argument. Unfortunately, what was once considered off the wall crazy is now the norm and it will only get worse with the developments at Twitter.

• Like 1