1 1
JoeWeber

Powerful speech by Biden on the assault on Democracy

15 hours ago, airdvr said:

Cameras don't lie.  Enough time has passed.  Why not let us see the vid?  

Because it's private security footage shot in a private home.

Because it's not anybody's business but the Pelois', the cops and the prosecutors (defense attorneys would have a right to see it under 'discovery' rules if the prosecutors use it at trial).

1 hour ago, Slim King said:

I'd love to see all the cameras from the pentagon on 911. Why can't we see them? Were they shut off like the sprinkler system in all three towers?

So to be clear, you believe that 9/11 was orchestrated off by a republican president.

Fair enough.  A good solution there is no more republican presidents until this is ironed out.  We don't need another 3000 Americans burned and crushed to death!

On 11/27/2022 at 2:07 PM, wolfriverjoe said:

Because it's private security footage shot in a private home.

Because it's not anybody's business but the Pelois', the cops and the prosecutors (defense attorneys would have a right to see it under 'discovery' rules if the prosecutors use it at trial).

Possibly.  But the cops tell a different story than the DOJ.  Why would NBC suspend a reporter for repeating what he was told, retract the story, only to have an affiliate validate it?  Should he still be suspended?

Edited by airdvr
  • Like 1

Just now, airdvr said:

Seems a couple journalists have managed to see it.

I'm not terribly surprised.

Reporters have sources and are often able to see all sorts of stuff (video, documents, ect) that 'ordinary people' don't have access to.

That doesn't make it all a nefarious plot to hide the 'truth'.

I don't have a need to see it.
I don't believe anyone other than the cops & prosecutors do either. 

Just now, wolfriverjoe said:

I'm not terribly surprised.

Reporters have sources and are often able to see all sorts of stuff (video, documents, ect) that 'ordinary people' don't have access to.

That doesn't make it all a nefarious plot to hide the 'truth'.

I don't have a need to see it.
I don't believe anyone other than the cops & prosecutors do either. 

I was editing as you posted.  AFAIK no journalist has actually seen the recording.

5 minutes ago, airdvr said:

Possibly.  But the cops tell a different story than the DOJ.  Why would NBC suspend a reporter for repeating what he was told, retract the story, only to have an affiliate validate it?  Should he still be suspended?

1 minute ago, airdvr said:

I was editing as you posted.  AFAIK no journalist has actually seen the recording.

That's a hell of an edit.

I have no clue about reporters being suspended, stories retracted, or any of that. 
I haven't been following the hubub all that closely.

I don't have an issue with differing stories coming out of a situation like this. 
It's almost guaranteed that witnesses will give VERY different stories about the same incident. It's why eyewitness testimony is unreliable.

I have no clue why the DOJ is standing by a story refuted by video (if it actually is refuted by that video). 

And honestly, I don't care all that much. Unless the suspect starts to scream something like "I was framed!!!", I'll go with what the prosecutor says. At least until I have good reason to doubt that (not that it couldn't happen, it just hasn't yet).

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, airdvr said:

My estimate is so low it's not possible to underestimate him.  Like most presidents, as soon as he's off the teleprompter you see the real thing.

You keep using that word underestimate.    I do not think it means what you think it means. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, airdvr said:

My estimate is so low it's not possible to underestimate him.  Like most presidents, as soon as he's off the teleprompter you see the real thing.

American Rescue Plan Act.

Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act. Remember when trump promised this? With zero effort to achieve it? A bipartisan passed bill.

Inflation Reduction Act.

Chips and Science Act.  Again bipartisan.

Bipartisan Safer Communities Act. Again bipartisan.

Sgt. 1st Class Heath Robinson Honoring Our Promise to Address Comprehensive Toxics, or PACT, Act.  A bipartisan passed bill

spacer.png

Reauthorization of the Violence Against Women Act,

and about a dozen more. Its just too bad that one tribe spends so much time in the warrens watching FOX that they don't see how he protects Americans.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, airdvr said:

Tell me...

Phil1111 beat me to it. 

But a bunch of stuff that's actually important, popular among the 'average' people and not aimed at the rich and powerful.
In fact, most of it was opposed by the Rs.

One of the 'more fun' facts was that the 'Inflation Reduction Act' included things that would help control prescription drug prices.
Of course, EVERY SINGLE Republican voted against it.

22 minutes ago, GeorgiaDon said:

It's almost as if some people aren't able to recognize accomplishments unless they are accompanied by an overwhelming barrage of self-promoting tweets and hyperbolic statements along the lines of "nobody knows more than me..." and "only I can fix it...".

Right. And what did Trump fix? What did he accomplish? 

Other than huge tax cuts for the rich, not much.
And those tax cuts increased both the budget deficit and the national debt by a fairly large amount.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2019/10/25/three-years-later-evaluating-laws-trump-said-hed-pass-his-first-days/

(edited)
On 11/5/2022 at 12:24 AM, airdvr said:

I'm saying I think it's odd behavior by someone who's house has been broken into. Obviously you don't.

That’s not just what you’re saying. You’re quoting what Trump said on TV while complaining that other people are the ‘useful idiots’. Look in a mirror.

Edited by jakee
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, airdvr said:

My estimate is so low it's not possible to underestimate him.  

That’s literally what underestimating means.

A gaffe like that from Biden and you would say it’s proof he has dementia.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Phil1111 said:

American Rescue Plan Act.

Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act. Remember when trump promised this? With zero effort to achieve it? A bipartisan passed bill.

Inflation Reduction Act.

Chips and Science Act.  Again bipartisan.

Bipartisan Safer Communities Act. Again bipartisan.

Sgt. 1st Class Heath Robinson Honoring Our Promise to Address Comprehensive Toxics, or PACT, Act.  A bipartisan passed bill

spacer.png

Reauthorization of the Violence Against Women Act,

and about a dozen more. Its just too bad that one tribe spends so much time in the warrens watching FOX that they don't see how he protects Americans.

Ignorance is generally curable, but willful ignorance not so much.