1 1
JoeWeber

Powerful speech by Biden on the assault on Democracy

2 minutes ago, airdvr said:

I wouldn't say I'm desperate.  Not losing any sleep over it.

So in Epstein's case I'm supposed to believe this fantastic chain of events.

Nobody's saying what you're supposed to believe.

I'd just like to point out, that incompetence on the part of those monitoring him is a far simpler explanation than a detailed, planned shadowy assassination.

Also, is losing sleep the only criterion for being desperate? I'd put mental gymnastics as a good indicator.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, olofscience said:

Nobody's saying what you're supposed to believe.

I'd just like to point out, that incompetence on the part of those monitoring him is a far simpler explanation than a detailed, planned shadowy assassination.

Also, is losing sleep the only criterion for being desperate? I'd put mental gymnastics as a good indicator.

No problem believing the guards fell asleep.  If that was my job I'd probably doze off as well.

Cameras people.

21 minutes ago, airdvr said:

Cameras people.

Live cameras don’t always have recording. Because recordings take maintenance, and recordings can be subpoenaed. And anyway, as a rule, the monitoring is to see threats to order in the prison, the prisoners’ safety isn’t as high a priority as the safety of the guards.

Think of all those comments about how prison is supposed to be awful, the “pound them in the ass” being part of the punishment. That’s the reality of monitoring for some guards, just as protecting their own is more important than protecting the public is a higher priority for some police officers.

Sometimes things go wrong when you cheap out or don’t follow all the procedures, but generally it’s OK

Wendy P. 

I can recall when most in hear were clamoring for cameras on LEOs.  I'm glad it happened because it gives us insight.  Bad cops and good cops.

If those same LEOs told you that body cameras on all 3 officers at a particular crime scene didn't work you'd be losing your collective minds.

3 hours ago, airdvr said:

When someone's house has been broken into I think the last thing they would do is move away from LEO towards the perp.

Not "move away."   Just make sure you are still facing your attacker so you can try to defend yourself.

1 hour ago, olofscience said:

The smart money is on Hanlon's Razor, not Capricorn One.

8 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

You also have a vote: the most distressing bit in my opinion.

-Two thirds of republicans have doubts that Biden won.

-"Among 595 Republicans running for state-wide or federal office, 308 have raised doubts about the validity or integrity of the 2020 election

-Republican candidates running for Congress or governor found that 175 - or 35% - have fully and publicly denied the outcome of the 2020 election.

-the America First Secretary of State (SOS) Coalition   a pro trump, conspiracy believing coalition fighting for governors and secretary of state Is fighting for control of future elections. On their terms. They peddle conspiracy theories like "Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer won by ballot stuffing funded by George Soros.

These groups, senators and individuals in charge of regulating elections. Could hold the balance of power in America come the new year. With a stacked USSC to back them.

And you're distressed by one vote. At least you don't sweat the big stuff.

9 hours ago, Phil1111 said:

-Two thirds of republicans have doubts that Biden won.

-"Among 595 Republicans running for state-wide or federal office, 308 have raised doubts about the validity or integrity of the 2020 election

-Republican candidates running for Congress or governor found that 175 - or 35% - have fully and publicly denied the outcome of the 2020 election.

-the America First Secretary of State (SOS) Coalition   a pro trump, conspiracy believing coalition fighting for governors and secretary of state Is fighting for control of future elections. On their terms. They peddle conspiracy theories like "Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer won by ballot stuffing funded by George Soros.

These groups, senators and individuals in charge of regulating elections. Could hold the balance of power in America come the new year. With a stacked USSC to back them.

And you're distressed by one vote. At least you don't sweat the big stuff.

To be more exact, I’m thinking of voters like him; voters who are drawn to fact free information, rumors based on what if’s or they did it first, or any thin conspiracy like moths to the light. They buy it on the first offer and parade it publicly as if it was some hard won truth. And, astonishingly, they are about to be the winning team.

1 hour ago, JoeWeber said:

To be more exact, I’m thinking of voters like him; voters who are drawn to fact free information, rumors based on what if’s or they did it first, or any thin conspiracy like moths to the light. They buy it on the first offer and parade it publicly as if it was some hard won truth. And, astonishingly, they are about to be the winning team.

Hence the Scotch to suppress the pain.. The prescription for which I agree. I would have hoped that the US experience with populism would have run its course with trump. But it appears as if another two years of brain numbing stupidness are necessary.

IMO American voters are somewhat to blame. The rest of the world has had to face the devastating inflation of the US dollar as the reserve currency. It seems as if cheap imports are a drug for US consumers. The rest of the world has had to deal with oil import transfers of wealth. The US consumer expects cheap gas as a birthright.

Ordinary historically low interest rates. Unemployment at 3.5% would be a slam dunk for popularity of an incumbent government. But "stolen elections" have consequence.

On 11/5/2022 at 9:23 AM, airdvr said:

...So in Epstein's case I'm supposed to believe this fantastic chain of events...

Ok, instead of that 'fantastic chain of events', how about you explain how he was murdered?

He was in jail. Being guarded.

The basic premise of jail that it's hard to escape from transfers over to the idea that it's also hard to break in
The plot device in the Walking Dead of using prisons to keep the zombies out is a good (fictional) example of this.

So how did the murderer(s) get in, kill Epstein and get back out. 

Undetected.

While I agree to a certain extent that the suicide was odd, and there are some unexplained aspects of it, the idea that someone could break into jail, murder someone, and then escape again is REALLY silly.

How would they escape notice from all the guards and all the other prisoners?

And cameras?

(edited)
On 11/4/2022 at 2:24 PM, airdvr said:

I'm saying I think it's odd behavior by someone who's house has been broken into. Obviously you don't.

I think it is odd behaviour to return to the scene of a crime you have committed. Apparently it is quite often.

I think it is odd behaviour to think Donald Trump would make a good president. Yet, here you are.

I think it is odd to worship the military. Yet there is America.

I think it is odd behaviour to beat your wife. Yet you still have not released any evidence to the contrary.

etc.

Edited by SkyDekker
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, airdvr said:

Body Cam Video Shows Paul Pelosi Opened Door for Police, Despite DOJ Saying Otherwise

https://www.nbcbayarea.com/investigations/body-cam-video-paul-pelosi-attack/3076235/

Funny how the DOJ's report contradicts what actually occurred.  I think the Dems needed a different narrative prior to the mid terms.

You just can't shake this thing can you?

23 minutes ago, airdvr said:

Just about as much as you have no explanation for the discrepancy.

This is the part that matters: From the story you linked. 

Despite this contradiction over who opened the door, the basic facts of the attack are not disputed in the documents: 42-year-old David DePape is accused of breaking into the Pelosi home and attacking 82-year-old Paul Pelosi with a hammer. DePape is being held in San Francisco County jail on attempted murder and multiple other felony charges. According to court documents, DePape was looking for Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi, Paul's wife, and threatened to break her kneecaps.

Edited by gowlerk
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, airdvr said:

Just about as much as you have no explanation for the discrepancy.

Burden of proof is on the accuser, innocent until proven guilty, that sort of thing. But as we've established here before, you're way too cowardly to ever make that step, so all you have are these snide implications-but-never-actually-saying-anything.

Edited by olofscience

5 hours ago, Slim King said:

Two different stories means someone is lying.....Liars lie. 

There were different eyewitness accounts of what happens on Sept 11, 2001.  Was that because liars were lying, and GWB really ordered the WTC attack?

Or was it just that people under stress don't have perfect recall of what happened?

6 minutes ago, billvon said:

There were different eyewitness accounts of what happens on Sept 11, 2001.  Was that because liars were lying, and GWB really ordered the WTC attack?

Or was it just that people under stress don't have perfect recall of what happened?

Cameras don't lie.  Enough time has passed.  Why not let us see the vid?  

9 hours ago, airdvr said:

Why not let us see the vid?  

Maybe someday you will be able to see it. Maybe not. But there is no reason for them to produce it other than pandering to idiot conspiracy nuts. And that would only lead to more crazy demands.

• Like 2