jdpml

When do you post that name.

I would be very happy if people would STOP posting names of people who have been injured (extent unknown) until the family could be contacted and informed.
With the social media we have now it is so easy to get this info out there (even if you don't know the extent of the injuries) and start the snowball that runs off.
This is to help people do the right thing,get the info to the people who deserve to know first,and not let there son/daughter/wife/husband/mother/father find it on facebook/DZ.com/twitter ect.
I know this would take a bit of self control , but as a group I think we have that.
Not asking for a news hold,just time to get to the right people , and do what i ( and hopefully all of us) think is the right thing .
And when you post a lot,fill in your profile, sick of Mr no name posting stuff and then not answering the PM sent.
Yes it was a name.

This bothers me a lot,
Hope that someone agrees, if not flame away.

Paul.

Fully agree. I've seen the name of a fatality blasted all over Facebook before the NOK could be properly notified.

Really, really inappropriate IMO.
Exchanging it in PMs is a different matter.

But posting it publicly (and your FB page is public, no matter what your settings) before the authorities have made proper notifications and released it publicly is pretty tacky.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

Exchanging it in PMs is a different matter.

Unfortunately PMs are usually the source of the problem. They get passed privately until they reach someone who doesn't understand that it's too early still, and they put it on FB. No one does it on purpose, but they do it. If you are at the DZ when an event like this occurs the best thing to do is be disciplined enough to wait till tomorrow.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.