fahad

Audible

Hi Everyone,

I'm in lookout for audible, from what I can tell about below is audible as in beeps at desired altitude along with light flash right?

https://www.chutingstar.com/skydive/altimeters/audible-altimeters/coloralti-2-led-audible-skydiving-altimeter

I am looking for something that call altitude like 10k, 9k, 7k and so on. I came across VOG, however its going to take 4months before they ship out-Global chip shortage.

Also I'm not sure why Basic is at $20 and Full at $400, yes there is feature difference but cant justify for that price gap.

https://vog.ee/order

Can someone please suggest me audible with voice calling altitude. So was my understanding of audible was voice instead of beep.

Appreciate your response, thanks

(edited)

The basic one is not 20 bucks. When you try to order it the amount is higher than that. It's a typo on their site. I actually notified them about this in July of this year but I guess they didn't bother changing it.

Edited by wsdm

6 hours ago, MickPatch said:

I have a VOG, it is a great audible, worth every penny

For those interested in the cheaper version, has anyone actually known someone to have it?  All of them seem to be the full feature unit, which is surprising.  Are any of the cheaper versions out there?

15 hours ago, sundevil777 said:

For those interested in the cheaper version, has anyone actually known someone to have it?  All of them seem to be the full feature unit, which is surprising.  Are any of the cheaper versions out there?

if you're looking for a cheap audible, get an aon2 brilliant pebbles.  they don't do talking altitudes though.  but for that price you can get two, one in each ear and turn them up.  get them to beep every 1000 or 500 ft to do a countdown.  then make them start beeping like crazy at pull altitude.  i think it has 20 alarms you can set and 8 or 10 different tones.

9 hours ago, sfzombie13 said:

if you're looking for a cheap audible, get an aon2 brilliant pebbles.  they don't do talking altitudes though.  but for that price you can get two, one in each ear and turn them up.  get them to beep every 1000 or 500 ft to do a countdown.  then make them start beeping like crazy at pull altitude.  i think it has 20 alarms you can set and 8 or 10 different tones.

I already have one.  I understand they are inexpensive and poorly made - bad wiring.  Of course I'm looking for a cheap audible.  The full feature VOG does nothing of much value extra, in my opinion.  Multiple beeps do not a VOG make.  Seemed reasonable to ask whether the basic version is actually being delivered.  

• Like 1

On 10/24/2022 at 3:07 PM, fahad said:

Hi Everyone,

I'm in lookout for audible, from what I can tell about below is audible as in beeps at desired altitude along with light flash right?

https://www.chutingstar.com/skydive/altimeters/audible-altimeters/coloralti-2-led-audible-skydiving-altimeter

I am looking for something that call altitude like 10k, 9k, 7k and so on. I came across VOG, however its going to take 4months before they ship out-Global chip shortage.

Also I'm not sure why Basic is at $20 and Full at $400, yes there is feature difference but cant justify for that price gap.

https://vog.ee/order

Can someone please suggest me audible with voice calling altitude. So was my understanding of audible was voice instead of beep.

Appreciate your response, thanks

Go to a premium drop zone where you can test jump audibles for free and be sure they are tested before leaving production. 

I am an AFF instructor and most of my student jumps I have my VOG now.  I LOVE the Vog.    Before I always had traditional audibles which beeped at altitudes which was fine.   But I can tell you when you have a student flip upside down ar 5k and things start hitting the fan - traditional audibles just sound like continual screeching in your ear.  The way more expensive VOG -instead of just screaming in your ear tells you an altitude.   And having chased down students - I love my VOG and it is worth every penny I paid for it,

3 hours ago, davenuk said:

really? i have one of the first models and it's still working fine.

i got the first one, then when corresponding with the tech guys that make it, told them about the thing turning on when you plug in the charger cord.  they said it was wired wrong and sent another.  didn't even ask for the old one back, said i could keep it.  it may be cheaply made, looks like a 3d printed case, but it is well made and i have used mine for two years now with no problems.   absolutely cannot be beat for the price, at least when i paid $100 for mine.