1 1
brenthutch

Big changes for Twitter

4 hours ago, jakee said:

Gotta love this one. Twitter under Musk ...

Do any of our resident fanboys still think this is part of the master plan?

The speed in which Musk has destroyed Twitter is unprecedented  in corporate history. Most believe that its all a part of taking deeper and deeper drinks of the republican ideals. Decades from now in business schools professors will use it as a prime example about how to ruin a company.

1 hour ago, ryoder said:

Oh yes, this should solve all the problems, but only if they also get rid of the cuckoo at the top of the hierarchy:

The Hill: Musk says Twitter changing brand, eliminating ‘all the birds’

My hope is to add Twitter to MySpace and every other ridiculous social media platform I've never used.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, ryoder said:

Oh yes, this should solve all the problems, but only if they also get rid of the cuckoo at the top of the hierarchy:

The Hill: Musk says Twitter changing brand, eliminating ‘all the birds’

Holy moly!

Completely, totally, utterly insane.

I never joined Twitter. There were times I considered it, but I have enough going on that I really didn't need to add another social media outlet.

As Musk's acquisition gets weirder and weirder, I feel more and more that I made the right decision.

I always have a tab to Twitter open on my browser, but I don't post to it. I follow my governor, senators, representative, local PD, and several news reporters. It is a way to get very early alerts of breaking news.

Also, when opening Twitter, it always automatically goes to the "For you" tab, which crams a non-stop spew of trash into my feed. I must manually select the "Following" tab in order to limit it to accounts I have actually selected.

(edited)
3 hours ago, ryoder said:

I always have a tab to Twitter open on my browser, but I don't post to it. I follow my governor, senators, representative, local PD, and several news reporters. It is a way to get very early alerts of breaking news.

Also, when opening Twitter, it always automatically goes to the "For you" tab, which crams a non-stop spew of trash into my feed. I must manually select the "Following" tab in order to limit it to accounts I have actually selected.

Those are awesome skills but can you chug a beer standing on your head or put a condom on with one arm in a sling?

Edited by JoeWeber

On 7/23/2023 at 1:15 AM, jakee said:

He's also claiming that Twitter acted dishonestly by failing to follow an instruction by him not to pay the lawyers... when both the instruction and the payment happened before he became the legal owner of Twitter and before he had any say in the matter.

I generally agree with the sentiment of your post. However it isn't unusual for a "about to be owner" to have a say over major decisions and transactions. Whether this qualifies as such is of course to be determined. But the implied suggestion that because he technically wasn't the owner yet, he therefor has no say over any decisions doesn't hold water.

On 7/24/2023 at 12:34 AM, JoeWeber said:

Those are awesome skills but can you chug a beer standing on your head or put a condom on with one arm in a sling?

How else do you think I got a Double First and my Christopher Columbus hat?

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

Once again I find it difficult to reconcile his success at SpaceX, Tesla with his baffling bungling at Twitter.

From what I've read, the success of SpaceX is attributable to Gwynne Shotwell, not Musk.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SkyDekker said:

The only way to know if he is bungling at Twitter is if you know the actual goals for acquiring Twitter.

Maybe he is trying to drive its value down so he can turn around and offer to buy out his investors cheaply. As a favour just a little while before he unleashes the Kraken. After all, he is a certified genius. 

On 7/26/2023 at 11:49 AM, gowlerk said:

Maybe he is trying to drive its value down so he can turn around and offer to buy out his investors cheaply. As a favour just a little while before he unleashes the Kraken. After all, he is a certified genius. 

But his bank investors know he has the Tesla piggy-bank.