1 1
brenthutch

Big changes for Twitter

1 hour ago, yoink said:

We are looking at one of the worst financial transactions in history, and possibly one of the worst executives in history.""

It would appear that he has gotten way out of his lane now. Maybe he should run for the R presidential nomination. I'd love to see him go head to head with the dotard.

On 11/18/2022 at 7:35 PM, gowlerk said:

I’m starting to think Elon should be considered to be another “stable genius”.

Don't be so pedestrian. He paid X, if it loses value to a fraction of X he has a write down. If the thing that is left has political or some other monetary value to Musk it might be a win. 

2 hours ago, ryoder said:

Milking the cows, I would expect.

If by cows you mean trump political donators. You'd be right.

We should dive into trump's latest scam. "DWAC(Digital World Acquisition Corp.)'s is a SPAC which is aiming to take the former president's tech and social-media platform public in a reverse merger." Trump Media & Technology Group (TMTG), also known as T Media Tech LLC,[...TMTG intends to use a special-purpose acquisition company (SPAC) to facilitate its becoming a publicly-traded company. On October 20, 2021, TMTG and Digital World Acquisition Corp. (DWAC), a publicly-traded SPAC, announced that they had entered into a definitive merger agreement that would combine the two entities, ...

DWAC was created with the help of ARC Capital, a Shanghai-based firm specializing in listing Chinese companies on American stock markets that has been a target of SEC investigations for misrepresenting shell corporations.[8][9][10] Some investors were surprised to learn that their investment money was being used to finance a Trump company.[11] In 2021, the DWAC Trump venture was linked with another company, China Yunhong Holdings based in Wuhan, Hubei,[12][13] until its lead banker who was running the merger promised to sever ties with China in December 2021, stating Yunhong was to "dissolve and liquidate".[14][15] In February 2022, Reuters reported that the connection between Shanghai-based ARC Capital and Digital World was more extensive than thought, with ARC having offered money to get the SPAC off the ground.[15]"

The entire scam is valued at "Times have changed. Trump, who announced a 2024 bid Tuesday night, has reworked his business, putting it in position to profit from his supporters while insulating it from potential opponents. The shift started with the creation of the Trump Media and Technology Group, the parent company of Trump’s Twitter knockoff, Truth Social. Trump launched the app in May. Four months later, Forbes pegged Trump’s stake in the business at $730 million. It is the largest asset in the former president’s $3.2 billion empire—and it could be worth even more if the former president wields it like a flamethrower in the 2024 race."

Unless trump wins. In which case President Xi will value it at whatever trump wants. As long as trump will void the US defense agreement.

17 hours ago, gowlerk said:

And Trump sends a message to Musk, “ thanks but no thanks “.

I believe the agreements between him and Truth Social states that any social media posts have to be on truth Social for 6 hours before he can post them anywhere else. I am sure Musk knew this already...all nothing but trolling.

4 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

I believe the agreements between him and Truth Social states that any social media posts have to be on truth Social for 6 hours before he can post them anywhere else. I am sure Musk knew this already...all nothing but trolling.

When did rules or agreements ever mean anything to Trump?

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11524807/Musk-brands-Twitter-crime-scene-GOP-want-testify-Hunter-Biden-hearings.html

The Ds should not have a problem with this because the Hunter Biden laptop story is just Russian disinformation….Right?

I think "The Ds" are the whole Hunter story now are they not?

I like how this has come full-circle. How many threads have you started on here predicting the demise of Musk, now you're sharing his trolling just because you like the flavour of the Kool-Aid he's serving.

When your guiding ideology is "Dem's Suck", you have to twist yourself into some interesting pretzel's to get your point across.  Maybe Hunter did some shit and if he did he should face the consequences...that said, while Musk is a genius in many areas, one of the things he's famous for is over-promising and under-delivering.  And once again, you're gloating based on an unreliable prediction.  Learn your fucking lesson dude.

Anyway, I think we're all in agreement that Hunter should no longer be President so at least there's that.

Edited by lippy
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, brenthutch said:

The Ds should not have a problem with this because the Hunter Biden laptop story is just Russian disinformation….Right?

Because Elon would just tell the plain truth and definitely doesn’t have a tendency to spin things any particular way, right?

15 hours ago, lippy said:

I think "The Ds" are the whole Hunter story now are they not?

I like how this has come full-circle. How many threads have you started on here predicting the demise of Musk, now you're sharing his trolling just because you like the flavour of the Kool-Aid he's serving.

When your guiding ideology is "Dem's Suck", you have to twist yourself into some interesting pretzel's to get your point across.  Maybe Hunter did some shit and if he did he should face the consequences...that said, while Musk is a genius in many areas, one of the things he's famous for is over-promising and under-delivering.  And once again, you're gloating based on an unreliable prediction.  Learn your fucking lesson dude.

Anyway, I think we're all in agreement that Hunter should no longer be President so at least there's that.

I’m more interested in the “Big Guy”

15 hours ago, lippy said:

...I like how this has come full-circle. How many threads have you started on here predicting the demise of Musk, now you're sharing his trolling just because you like the flavour of the Kool-Aid he's serving....

Que climaxing music...... Musk has started his descent. He is entering the warrens where dems fear to tread.

But not our own Brent. He's been down there a while. But he has never gone as deep as Slim King. Or even Ron.