BMAC615

Exit Point Podcast featuring Jay Moledzki

i'm 5 - 6 minutes into it. Was surprised he did S/L progression in 1994. He did say a small DZ in Canada.

First downsize Furry 220 F-111 to Jedei 120 ZP.  Rock on.

PS. the vast majority of these Exit Point podcasts are quite good.

• Like 2

I hung off every word....1.5 hours of true joy....everything I wanted to say but felt unqualified to preach or teach to people with more jumps, more experience....and still active in the sport.

This was the most intelligent conversation I have  witnessed in 20 years.

I wish more people would listen to it. True wisdom.

On 10/21/2022 at 11:44 AM, kleggo said:

i'm 5 - 6 minutes into it. Was surprised he did S/L progression in 1994. He did say a small DZ in Canada.

First downsize Furry 220 F-111 to Jedei 120 ZP.  Rock on.

PS. the vast majority of these Exit Point podcasts are quite good.

Jay probably learned at Skydive Toronto. ST's Joe Chow was unique among Canadian DZOs in NOT converting to IAD during the 1980s.

Most Canadian DZs started the 1980s with static-lined, cheapo, military-surplus, student rigs. By the end of the 1980s, military-surplus gear had worn out and was replaced by piggyback containers, hand-deploy pilot chutes, IAD and square mains. By 1990, both CSPA and USAP insisted that all first solo students use large, docile, square mains (e.g. Manta 288).

The shift was driven primarily by a decision - by the US military and Canadian Crown Assets Disposal - to cut suspension lines and leg straps on military-surplus parachutes. The las thing the military wanted was some silly skydiver hurting himself while using military-surplus parachutes for purposes vastly different from their original mission.

Edited by riggerrob
  • Like 1