2 2
Phil1111

Midterms

Are only 19 days away. Over $1.3 billion dollars in "dark money" has already been spent.With conservatives alone flush with $1.6 billion in dark money.

Republicans are polling ahead although they are .4% behind in overall support. The advantage that the USSC threw into the equation in the overturning of Roe v. Wade. Has apparently vanished.

IS SC going to have to put up with the gloating of Slim and Brent twenty days from now?

22 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

IS SC going to have to put up with the gloating of Slim and Brent twenty days from now?

Most likely both of them will be on another temporary absence by then. Also most likely is that both the house and the senate are taken by the GOP. Then again my US election prediction record is not very good.

32 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

Are only 19 days away. Over $1.3 billion dollars in "dark money" has already been spent.With conservatives alone flush with $1.6 billion in dark money.

Republicans are polling ahead although they are .4% behind in overall support. The advantage that the USSC threw into the equation in the overturning of Roe v. Wade. Has apparently vanished.

But think of the awesome business opportunities to come. Were I younger I would definitely have opened a chain of fake beard shops in Kabul after theTaliban took over. Now I'm thinking "Joe's Burqas", finest quality and made in America, too! Now that I could run from the boat and sell exclusively on Amazon. If you're a Federal Judge you could simply accessorize your robe and mask with a Hajib or the black cloth head bag you use for kidnapping individual liberties.

Screen Shot 2022-10-20 at 8.25.27 AM.png

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

But think of the awesome business opportunities to come....

The GOP is planning a nation wide gun control program to protect children just like Texas. aka

"Millions of Texas children will get identification kits designed for parents to collect fingerprints and DNA to be used in case their kids are in an emergency such as a school shooting.

Nearly 4 million Texans from kindergarten through grade eight will bring home a tri-fold pamphlet this month in which parents can place their children’s fingerprints, photo and a DNA sample, according to ABC13."

Gotta give it to the GOP when it concerns gun control they are always on target. There has to be money making opportunities here somewhere.Naturally the concepts of privacy. Not giving anything of a personal nature to the evil, not to be trusted government. Are completely irrelevant when the republicans are concerned. Send your children's DNA, photo and fingerprints to a big government database. Great idea.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Phil1111 said:

He already told you what to expect.

(edited)
6 minutes ago, RonD1120 said:

Herschel Walker, the toughness we need in the U.S. Senate.

Tough in what way?

Are you referring to the toughness it will take to blindly vote however he is told to vote due to complete lack of understand of any major issues?

Or maybe you are referring to the toughness it takes to deny the existence of your own children?

Edited by okalb
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, RonD1120 said:

I thought you supported him just because he would vote straight down the line on the Republican / Trumpist agenda? Where does ‘being tough’ come into it?

9 hours ago, RonD1120 said:

I thought you supported him because he would vote the way Trump wants.

Not because of any 'toughness'.

He's demonstrated that he isn't really 'all there'.

There are some signs that he may be suffering from CTE.

https://moguldom.com/410353/questions-raised-about-whether-herschel-walker-has-cte-after-comments-on-mass-murder-at-texas-school/

Funny how the people who hear Joe Biden use speech techniques that are used to cope with a stutter and claim 'dementia' hear this and can't see any problems.

• Like 1

On 11/2/2022 at 12:08 PM, billvon said:

But you said there will be a republican wave.

There's a disconnect there.

I really don’t think it will be all that bad for you guys.  We probably will win the house, the Senate is a toss up.  As long as the Rs don’t get a veto proof majority we will all be ok.  The less the government does the better off we will all be.  It looks like we will have divided government and I am just fine with that.

1 hour ago, brenthutch said:

I really don’t think it will be all that bad for you guys.  We probably will win the house, the Senate is a toss up.  As long as the Rs don’t get a veto proof majority we will all be ok.  The less the government does the better off we will all be.  It looks like we will have divided government and I am just fine with that.

The most dysfunctional branch of our government, excepting our absurd supreme court, is the house. Republicans will make what is left of our somewhat functioning democracy a farce. Good for you, I guess.

7 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

The most dysfunctional branch of our government, excepting our absurd supreme court, is the house. Republicans will make what is left of our somewhat functioning democracy a farce. Good for you, I guess.

A government that governs least governs best.