taffclarke

3 month road trip best dzs to visit

Hi guys.
so next year i am going to do a three month road trip ( around america) end of july to end of october, renting a nice rv and we that is my wife who is a skydive monster! my 5 year old son and i want to do some boogies visit some dzs to do some big ways and generally have a blast.

can you make some recommendations? we also might be looking for a packer on the way ( doubling up as a child minder / entertainer.

love to hear any ideas.

thanks

:)
safety enjoyment learning, sel the sport. dont kill it.

No hookups or camping except during their boogie, which was last weekend, but I think there are lots of places nearby.
My Dad used to ask me if someone jumped off a bridge would I do that too? No, but if they jumped out of an airplane, that's a different question...

Are you going to have a vehicle to get around other than the RV? More specifically, are you looking only for dropzones with hook-ups or is it good enough to have a RV park near the dropzone?
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

that's a good question. the rv should have a generator, i know i cant hook a bike or car on it so the rv will be our taxi as well, from suggestions we are thinking of starting at lax arizona and so on up to San Francisco lodi and holister possibly then up to the lost prairy boogie, down to the couch boyz and the on to chicago finishing Orlando that's just from pms and so on

any other suggestions while i am drunk on whisky gratefully accepted keep em coming thanks

Taff from Skykef?? If so, Hello!! :)

I'll second what papa smurf said - Skydive New England - especially Tiki bar weekend (though not sure with a 5 year old in tow - maybe get a sitter for that night!!) Also Mt Washington boogie at the end of Sept for a great way to see the autumn foliage that the area is famous for.

And another fav place, MOAB boogie for friendly people & great scenery.

Safe travels :-)

Don't sweat the petty things... and don't pet the sweaty things!

kallend

Sebastian
Z-Hills
The Ranch
Chicago
Mile High
Spaceland
Eloy
Perris
Lake Elsinore

Cool boogies:

MOAB
Summerfest
Lost Prairie

Pretty much. But for July-Oct, I'd start om the NE and meander your way west to hity MOAB, and Eloy for the Halloween Boogie (hopefully you can stretch it till early Nov). Nationals should be going on there next year at that time, so the DZ should be packed.
Remster

taffclarke

up to San Francisco lodi and holister

Skip Hollister, come to Davis (Skydance) instead. Byron if it's a weekend and they're open.

And I second what Remi said - if it's July - October, chase the weather. Go Northeast-Southwest. No one wants to be in AZ in July and August, even those who live there - that's why half the DZ operational folks come up to Lost Prairie the first week of August!
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

kallend

Sebastian got that sorted
Z-Hills got that pinned on the map
The Ranch do they have rv hookups?
Chicago pinned on the map
Mile High ???? not sure.
Spaceland which one do you suggest?
Eloy arizona in September
Perris for big ways if they will have us.
Lake Elsinore just because they are close to lax it will be my first stop.

Cool boogies:

MOAB do they have hook ups
Summerfest not so sure as it means a backtrack
Lost Prairie

doing that.

TjfEarl

I was going to add Tsunami to the list as well until I saw you had that covered already!

I think i have it figured out now ill start on the left and drive from LA to az visiting eloy perris and elsinor. then head up a little to the grand canyon and hoover damn, next head right to lodi and up for the boogy in lost prairy then turn right and yellowstone before going down to the couch freaks and chicago then slip down a little towards the ranch and skdive atlanta, turn right here for six flags and spaceland then turn left head over to deland sebastian z hills spaceland mk2 and disneyland/ waterworld.
know who wants to come and pack for us.................
thats what i have on a map but any suggestions welcome do you think its doable in a three months and does anybody have advice renting an rv from motorus rv rentals?