peter.xu

Skydive in China.Soo many Fun stuff going on..

Hi ,im peter. ofcourse you may don't know me...Cuz i never been to US or Euro for skydive..I don't have Skydive licence eather. Here's a little venture happened in this summer at Aug 22nd . I went to Great Sky skydive Club....just happy to been there ,and jump with China 2nd best accrucy team (HuNan team)
(team member Average age :17 years old )
My last skydive was a years half ago.... and i wasn't very worry about the task...(tracking..Jump run...LZ...etc) but only worry about the Sabre 150ft that was a 1990's canopy and i never fly it before, also never fly 150ft size before...The rig has No AAD, but there are RSL ,So im good (i think)

The tracking suit was bought from BASEJumper.com fomr Steph Davis....(she sold me for 250USD...) first time fly tracking suit.... bit scary..
First time ware a camera helmet... bit exciting
The all run way was huge but , The DZ are build in the mid of city... and around some military area, on the most runway theres helicoptor fly arounds...

I want a Bridman GTi...... Soo bad...

peter.xu

The all run way was huge but , The DZ are build in the mid of city... and around some military area, on the most runway theres helicoptor fly arounds...

Which city is that?

I had thought skydiving in China is strictly military and not open to civilians. Looks like I'm way behind on what's happening now... Although, I'd still prefer to have a license already before buying a track suit :P

What are the conditions of jumping there? Is there a grading system or some sort of licensing? Are there any drop zones in other cities?

Thanks for sharing; those are some really nice photos.

So far I am just a respectful whuffo with 1 hour in the tunnel but I have one question about these good photos.

The gentleman in the red suit looks to have a parachute rig with no leg harness. Is that normal or some type of special set up?

Just curious since I thought they all had leg harnesses or are they inside the suit?

That looks like Phoenix Fly BASE specific suit, aka Tracking Suit.

They are designed to put leg strap underneath the pants so that it becomes more aerodynamical.

My question was, Is that an AN-2? The infamous aircraft that can glide for miles without an engine, and it takes roughly about 35 minutes to climb to 12000 ft.
Bernie Sanders for President 2016

Is this in Beijing?
found this through google:
"Try the China GreatSky Skydiving Club located at Beijing Shahe Airport. It is the training field of China's National Skydiving Team and the first Skydiving Club where you can jump in China and have fun in the sky."

The parachute team I assume is a military team?

leafyanna

***The all run way was huge but , The DZ are build in the mid of city... and around some military area, on the most runway theres helicoptor fly arounds...

Which city is that?

I had thought skydiving in China is strictly military and not open to civilians. Looks like I'm way behind on what's happening now... Although, I'd still prefer to have a license already before buying a track suit :P

What are the conditions of jumping there? Is there a grading system or some sort of licensing? Are there any drop zones in other cities?

You welcome Sir... So far in China there 2 DZ that people can do Tandem...one is here ,and one are in Yunnan Province...
Here are the HeNan Province,Anyang national parachuting Tranning center... the National Accrucy team are traning in here (and rest of legend China parachuting people all come from here) I was just invite .So normally here dont have Solo Jump.Unless you are Team or military .... In China...theres Chinese own system of parachuting raiting...(more like rate of can you do it? Yes/No stuff. No A.B.C.D level...Rigger...Etc)
I just saw that Tracking-Suit are soo cheap... So dont want miss that Chance so...:P

stayhigh

That looks like Phoenix Fly BASE specific suit, aka Tracking Suit.

They are designed to put leg strap underneath the pants so that it becomes more aerodynamical.

My question was, Is that an AN-2? The infamous aircraft that can glide for miles without an engine, and it takes roughly about 35 minutes to climb to 12000 ft.

I were a Phoenix-Fly Tracking suit...
Yes this is a Licence An-2 ,In china we call it Y-5(Yunshu-5)
Transporter-Mk.5 . It has been modifily so the performance are little better then the original An-2.

So to get it right - after a 6 month break from skydiving and a total of not even 50 jumps (not even mentioning the lack of a license), your first jump includes downsizing, wearing a camera and a tracking suit all together for the first time? You also mention base jumping and wingsuit flying in your profile.
IF this is serious I can only recommend you to get some good coaching from any other country but China, because obviously, if the people you have been jumping with are the top of the sport in China, they do not have the slightest idea what they are doing and you will get seriously hurt or killed very soon.
Nice words are not always true - and true words are not always nice.

peter.xu

******The all run way was huge but , The DZ are build in the mid of city... and around some military area, on the most runway theres helicoptor fly arounds...

Which city is that?

You welcome Sir... So far in China there 2 DZ that people can do Tandem...one is here ,and one are in Yunnan Province...
Here are the HeNan Province,Anyang national parachuting Tranning center... the National Accrucy team are traning in here (and rest of legend China parachuting people all come from here) I was just invite .So normally here dont have Solo Jump.Unless you are Team or military .... In China...theres Chinese own system of parachuting raiting...(more like rate of can you do it? Yes/No stuff. No A.B.C.D level...Rigger...Etc)
I just saw that Tracking-Suit are soo cheap... So dont want miss that Chance so...:P

Does the tandem instructor also fall in to the Can-you-do-it?-Yes/No -license category?
Your rights end where my feelings begin.

maggyrider

So to get it right - after a 6 month break from skydiving and a total of not even 50 jumps (not even mentioning the lack of a license), your first jump includes downsizing, wearing a camera and a tracking suit all together for the first time? You also mention base jumping and wingsuit flying in your profile.
IF this is serious I can only recommend you to get some good coaching from any other country but China, because obviously, if the people you have been jumping with are the top of the sport in China, they do not have the slightest idea what they are doing and you will get seriously hurt or killed very soon.

Yes.... After more than a years haven‘t skydive...with less 50 jumps i Downsize from 270ft to 150ft... The turth is that most
Team member they have no idea about Wind Loading...and down size Chat etc... 90% of pro accruy people are scary for Fly a ZP canopy... they wont even think about it.... So.. if they are Downsize From a F-111 260ft accrucy canopy to a 130ft ZP sports canopy.... theres nothing between that huge gap.... I was lucky to fond there is a Japanese jumper left his rig in here... So i can use 150ft Sabre rather than a 120ft Crossfire...

Because any team mate don't speaks English, They all lack of correct knowlege of Skydiving... Yet... thoese Teenager are jumping 260ft to 120ft and learning Swooping just by themself. Because they Coach told them so.... Im not a Pro SKydiver in china.... just a amaure haingout with them... So i can try many crazy stuff ,that most they will have no idea...
It is a very complicated story to explan to you Sir...... But Im just trying my best to study the modern skydive stuff...

Arvoitus

*********The all run way was huge but , The DZ are build in the mid of city... and around some military area, on the most runway theres helicoptor fly arounds...

Which city is that?

Does the tandem instructor also fall in to the Can-you-do-it?-Yes/No -license category?

No..... He is from Lodi USA, A Taiwanese .. China do have chinese tandem master.... they're licence all from USPA....

Most if not all jumping in China is exclusively military. I would say Peter is ex military if not still serving, and if so may be a little constrained in the responses he gives you.

As in military jumping anywhere, they do things a little differently to civilians, and that applies to releasing information on accidents, perhaps even more so than in the west.

I've jumped in China, at Anyang, which he mentions as a busy DZ. They've hosted a few International/world meets there.

From equipment, to the way they do things, is different to our eyes. It works for them, but you should not be making judgements based on the way things are done in the west. One thing is for sure.

Training and discipline is drilled in to them to a far higher standard than it is in the west. I would go so far to say that their accident/fatality rate is prolly lower than we experience at western DZs.

Simpler systems, and focus on one type of jumping prolly mean less problems for them. But they are picking up new things all the time. Opportunities and jumps themselves are not easy to come by for them, especially if you are departing from the standard disciplines.

But Peter certainly overloaded on new things to try, especially with his limited jump numbers, and as we know, this can lead to trouble in the sky.

He needs to be a bit more careful, for his own sake.

He will prolly learn a lot from DZ.com, so he is most welcome here.
My computer beat me at chess, It was no match for me at kickboxing....

obelixtim

Most if not all jumping in China is exclusively military. I would say Peter is ex military if not still serving, and if so may be a little constrained in the responses he gives you.

As in military jumping anywhere, they do things a little differently to civilians, and that applies to releasing information on accidents, perhaps even more so than in the west.

I've jumped in China, at Anyang, which he mentions as a busy DZ. They've hosted a few International/world meets there.

From equipment, to the way they do things, is different to our eyes. It works for them, but you should not be making judgements based on the way things are done in the west. One thing is for sure.

Training and discipline is drilled in to them to a far higher standard than it is in the west. I would go so far to say that their accident/fatality rate is prolly lower than we experience at western DZs.

Simpler systems, and focus on one type of jumping prolly mean less problems for them. But they are picking up new things all the time. Opportunities and jumps themselves are not easy to come by for them, especially if you are departing from the standard disciplines.

But Peter certainly overloaded on new things to try, especially with his limited jump numbers, and as we know, this can lead to trouble in the sky.

He needs to be a bit more careful, for his own sake.

He will prolly learn a lot from DZ.com, so he is most welcome here.

Thank you for you long Reply Sir... Sorry that i'm not Ex military person.just a normal civilian.20 years old university student .. As i said in the begging , I was Just Lucky to be invite to jump there.... They hosting me for food and hotel and jumps all free... i didn't spend money at there.Because I was friends with there DZ Boss and the tandem master. They offer me a Chance to jump with National teams on the same load. just one chance, but It's a Free skydive! So i went for that.
And yes i'm a part time Skydiver... so i have way less exprience than them, Those teenager are already jumped 600 jumps in past 3 years ,when there are 13 years old... So far i never hear there has any accident or fatality happend.... Says the Chef coach... He even never know whats reserve looks like, Cuz i never opend one.. 90% of china sports parachuting are doing accruy ,and the rest are RW team and fly small canopy. Before this jump i did practice alot on Naked Tracking and other skills...to be sure Don't Fucked Up!! in front the most powerful people of China parachuting community.And the holy place of China parachuting Base ,Anyang.....And I will be more careful by my self. Especially before this happened , I went to BASE Jump in my onw.... I know this is crazy but i made 2 jump from a 300ft(130meter) bridge.. No brake bones or any injure . Yet i feel i need more skill to keep me suvire ,So im not gonna give up for any chance to skydive in china... and to be a Chinese ,its hard to travel the world (Visa issue)
.. obelixtim Thanks for you advice . I will keep that in mind.

cpoxon

Looks smoggy!

Headphones too?

Is there any mown (cut/clear) grass to land on?

Yeah man. Typical China Air pollution ....PM 2.5 We jumped at 8:00 am and yet cant see the morrning sunrise...
I was listen the iPod all the time.... I mean Dubstep are Good! or Avicii and Skrillex are too awesome~~ ;)
Theres no cut Grass to lands.... Cuz no one will land on grass expt us , all the Accrucy team are land on the target Mat.

Infact that Grass are sooo sharp . like a saw. i have only expose my hands and the landing make me just little touch the grass and it cuts many scar on my wrist

Peter, you seem to be very positive and nice guy. However, just looking at your photos and info, there are so many things, that should not be done (smaller parachute, camera, tracking suit, earphones, no AAD, flying so close to a tandem, etc) at your experience level. Some of them should not be done at any experience level, to be honest. And BASE?...

Try to read as much as you can on this forum. That might help you not to get killed or seriously injured.

Linas120

Peter, you seem to be very positive and nice guy. However, just looking at your photos and info, there are so many things, that should not be done (smaller parachute, camera, tracking suit, earphones, no AAD, flying so close to a tandem, etc) at your experience level. Some of them should not be done at any experience level, to be honest. And BASE?...

Try to read as much as you can on this forum. That might help you not to get killed or seriously injured.

How can I say Sir.Just feel very sorry to be a Bad kids.... I know theres alot kind people are trying to slow me down ,and i understand that be safe is the first Priority. I been on this BBS for 3 years. and i did research alot and watch many other people video to learn how the things can go wrong...

And the biggest moment .... BASE Jump i just study hard to know everything i can get from internet or chat with other base jumper... pratice Packing job... and all etc skill to be need for base jump.... I did fly a (Very old)F-111 canopy before... to learn how to canopy poloting in real base situetion.having fun with super low pull, Fly backwards , Stall recover etc... I didn't do this to Amazed some one.... This is just what i can do best in this life style of be a poor kids who still wants to be a parachutlist...if i can jump every weekends, i won't do any thing like this right? enjoy the moment of every Fun jump...and take time to learn. But here are China... Even The Professional National jumper even don't know whats wind loading ,Downsize chat,etc.... I have to be smart to teach myself in here... Yet doing not normal jumps .But safe enough to be still alive... I dont think i just got luck to live this far... but i feel i need more skill and knowlege . and maybe this is my way of learning ....