docjohn

Jay Stokes - most jumps in 24 hours going on NOW

kcjen24

Been watching for a little bit. Seems he's averaging about 2 mins 20 secs per jump (feet down to feet down). Last run there wasn't a plane there to meet him!

Yeah I was timing him and he seemed to be between 2:10 and 2:20. He's got to get time down to 2 mins flat to beat his last record.

kcjen24

I calculated 2:05 per jump to get to 700.

24 hrs x 60 mins = 1,440 minutes
1,440 / 700 = 2.05714286 min per jump

I'm getting the M3U8 error too now. :(

Close. Remember the .05 in the calculation is .05 of a minute. So we take .05 x 60 secs to get 3 secs. So 2.05mins = 2:03. Either way he's got to get faster.

I wonder if the error is due to to many people trying to watch the live feed?
Back up now and working

He seems to just run right out of his rig upon landing. I can see undoing the chest strap in the air, but how does he get those leg straps off so quick without even seeming to touch them?

He could shave a few seconds by donning the new rig inside the plane while it's rolling down the runway, instead of doing it on the ground before climbing into the plane.

docjohn

Jay Stokes is attempting 700 jumps in 24 hours to break his own record.

Its going on now (Sept 5th)

Live stream here:

http://citylinktv.com/channel/frankfort-kaspar-media/

I watched for about 10 minutes, saw the plane take off 4 times. Never saw Jay under canopy or land. 95% advertising. :(
Instructor quote, “What's weird is that you're older than my dad!”

TommyBotten

He uses B12 buckles which come off really quick.

Not B12, but quick eject hardware. He did use B12s in the past, but he had to loosen the straps first to get them unhooked, and that cost too much time.

When Jay touches down, he releases his toggles and immediately reaches down to pop open the leg straps, then steps away from the rig. Most of the rigs (all Javelins except for three backup Vectors) came with quick releases. The few others that were more traditional step-throughs had bolt-on quick release hardware attached.

BASE841

***I wish the video would show what jump # he is on.

Jay just did #147.

Since you're part of the team is there a checkpoint or cut off time that if he doesnt have X jumps by X hour they quit?

Or is he going through with the whole 24 hours whether he beats his old record or not?