bnacrazywoman

DZs That Lie About Their Weekly Jump Numbers

What would you think about a DZ that wildly exaggerated their jump numbers (Tandems, Loads, Funjumpers, Video, Total Slots) on a weekly basis in their mass media releases? Personally, I would seriously question their overall integrity--if they are lying about their jump numbers, what important things are they lying about as well? I bet these are the same type of scoundrels that would:
a) Not pay their federal taxes
b) Not pay for their aircraft leases
c) Leave an unpaid $60,000 electric/phone bill at the previous airport they were parasites at, when they ran off in the middle of the night
d) Think nothing of stealing a rival DZ's email listing for their own use

I would definitely not grace their operation with my money or talents. Just sayin'

BN

How would a DZ benifit from lying about their jump numbers?

Off hand, if there was more than one DZ in a given area, and a complete ignorant (in the kindest sense of the word) someone was looking for a "safe" place to make a tandem or AFF, picking a place that runs more jumps thru it might sound better than a "less experienced" DZ. :S
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

What would you think about a DZ that wildly exaggerated their jump numbers (Tandems, Loads, Funjumpers, Video, Total Slots) on a weekly basis in their mass media releases? Personally, I would seriously question their overall integrity--if they are lying about their jump numbers, what important things are they lying about as well? I bet these are the same type of scoundrels that would:
a) Not pay their federal taxes
b) Not pay for their aircraft leases
c) Leave an unpaid $60,000 electric/phone bill at the previous airport they were parasites at, when they ran off in the middle of the night
d) Think nothing of stealing a rival DZ's email listing for their own use

I would definitely not grace their operation with my money or talents. Just sayin'

BN

I guess you aren't too well-versed with some of the more scandalous in our sport's past. There have been DZO's - even a few famous ones - that have committed indiscretions that make the ones you listed look like parking tickets.;):o
Chuck Akers
D-10855
Houston, TX

I'm more curious as to why you care? Are their "claimed" false jump numbers hurting you in some way? I'd say, who cares, it's not any of your business how they run their business, until it affects you personally. It's your choice where you want to jump, rather than calling them out in a public forum, just keep to yourself and don't go back. Simple.

Why this?
"When once you have tasted flight..."

Ill bite what the heck I havent posted here in a while and your post is interesting so lets discuss it.
So do you spend any time at this dz to see how busy they are and if they are or arent making the jumps they claim? Or are you just guessing they are lying. Back yourself up, what makes you claim they are lying and what do you have to support it.
Besides that whats the personal reason you want to make these accusations. You dont even have the courage to name the place so why exactly are you making this post? What is your intent? (some unnamed dz lies about jump numbers dont go there) Im calling TROLL. So climb back under your bridge until you have something that you can back up to say. And or even a reason to post your wild accusations about unknown dropzones you cant even mention.

Ray
Small and fast what every girl dreams of!

...I'd say, who cares, it's not any of your business how they run their business, until it affects you personally....Why this?

I tend to think in terms of the sport and its well-being. Not a lot affects me personally but I do get upset when stupid stuff adversely affects our sport.

Misleading unwitting customers and stealing a DZs 1-800 number comes to mind.

Poor aircraft maintenance that ultimately results in an incident comes to mind.

Unsafe, all-about-me activities in the air resulting in incidents comes to mind.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

What would you think about a DZ that wildly exaggerated their jump numbers (Tandems, Loads, Funjumpers, Video, Total Slots) on a weekly basis in their mass media releases?

Not much. I'm not sure what end they're trying to reach with such lies, but if they want to appear busier than they are, or are hoping to attract fun jumpers with their supposed level of activity, I'm not sure it matters one way or the other. Worst thing that could happen is someone shows up expecting to make a ton of jumps, and they end up only getting in a few. Not sure that's a real 'problem'.

The other things you mentioned are either crimes, or breaches of contract, both of which can result in legal action and represent more substantial problems.

If you want to really say something, and name names and show who was wronged and how by these actions, that would be something. As of now, you've made some empty claims about an un-nammed place being involved in some white lies via their email marketing campaign. Pardon me if I don't give a shit.

Yeah, I guess you are right. It really doesn't compare to killing your wife and burning her body or building one of the biggest DZs in the country entirely with drug money.

BN

If you are going to make wild accusations how about you have the guts to put a name down...other wise move along

Said unnamed DZ must be causing you some serious problems if you have to sink to resorting to slander to show what your operation has to offer vs theirs.

I'll go with the others here. You got proof? Please, post it.

And what "talent", precisely, would you have to offer this DZ if you could? Spreading bad vibes and poison?

The numbers of jumpers/tandems/loads are easy to count. The manifest is posted on the web live. Anyone can see them. So, tell you what - why don't you count them up next weekend and compare it to the published numbers?
Mike Ashley
D-18460
Canadian A-666

If you are going to make wild accusations how about you have the guts to put a name down...other wise move along

For real? Who in the hell hasn't heard those accusations? It's part of the lore of the sport. And it's not like they are esoteric knowledge after all. I mean come on, when a TV network makes an hour-long show about one ofthose two, it's kind of f'ing obvious.

-Blind
"If you end up in an alligator's jaws, naked, you probably did something to deserve it."

Yeah, I guess you are right. It really doesn't compare to killing your wife and burning her body or building one of the biggest DZs in the country entirely with drug money.

BN

The names are very well known. Ask around.;)
Chuck Akers
D-10855
Houston, TX

What makes you think they're lying about the numbers? If only the dz had a system that you could view online and see the load counts, and who is manifested!

How did they steal the rival dz's email listing?
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

BN

Kids these days... No respect for the glorious history of the sport! ;)
Remster

BN

Kids these days... No respect for the glorious history of the sport! ;)

No kidding! B|

If it was easy, they'd ALL be doin' it! :ph34r:

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~