zwinoker

Any USC Skydivers?

I'm a student at the University of Southern California and was wondering if there are any other Trojans out there who jump. I'm looking into making skydiving a club sport at the school, and for that we'll need a few more licensed jumpers. Let me know if you're out there!

zwinoker

I'm a student at the University of Southern California and was wondering if there are any other Trojans out there who jump. I'm looking into making skydiving a club sport at the school, and for that we'll need a few more licensed jumpers. Let me know if you're out there!

There is/possibly was a club. I'm not a USC student, several jump at Elsinore though.

There was a semi-official club. USC didn't like the idea of skydiving though, so we created "USC Indoor Skydiving," with trips to iFly officially. Unofficially, there was a group of us who went out to Elsinore regularly. I got my license thanks to them. Good times!

I think all the active members have graduated in the last year or two, but I'll PM you with some names to talk to. It would be rad if you keep it going!
BASEline - Wingsuit Flight Computer

Stanford huh? How about that game on Saturday? :)

Anyway OP, I was at USC from 05-09 and I remember I briefly looked into starting a club, but if I remember correctly

1) I think most colleges are pretty hesitant about officially endorsing skydiving for students. Even if they don't have any liability, it could be bad PR if a member of the "USC Skydiving Club" goes splat.

2) I had trouble finding any other skydivers in school. It seems like most people wait until they're old enough to have a bucket list before they give it a shot. :)

But I'm down in San Diego now if you're looking for somebody to jump with.

georgiaboy

havent the Air Force Academy Wings of Blue jump team owned college skydiving for the past 60 years?

What is your point exactly? That the government funded military academy's that have lots of access to tunnel time, and their own Otter's, do well in collegiate competitions?

No shit ! But still what is your point? :ph34r::ph34r:

University of Connecticut continues to have a very active skydiving club, that has the support of the university, school funded gear, and some help with coaching. The school has featured the club in promotional materials, it has been in the school paper, and has great exposure.

Collegiates was a blast, I only wish I started jumping sooner while going to college, so I could have went to a few more of them while actually a student. :)
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P