1 1
jakee

America’s finest…

Cops do whatever the fuck they want. 
Go where they want, park where they want, act however they want.

Who's going to stop them?

Once in a while, it bites them in the ass.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/chicago-police-officers-killed-train-chasing-suspected-gunman/story?id=59877169

Two cops hit by a train, Dec 2018.

What the story only glosses over is the fact that they weren't actually chasing the suspect when they got hit. They had lost sight of him, and were standing on the tracks trying to figure out where to look next. 

18 minutes ago, jakee said:

A person in their care was hit by a train because they effectively left her tied up on the train tracks.

Explain the lack of reckless endangerment?

Excellent question. But then putting someone handcuffed but otherwise unrestrained into the back of a van for a rough ride is apparently OK according to the judge and jury, because who knew he could get hurt doing that? Or maybe it’s that he put himself into the situation in the first place by getting arrested. I can never get the excuses straight

Wendy P. 

34 minutes ago, wmw999 said:

To me, that’s careless, but they weren’t recklessly endangering others with guns blazing or driving the car 90mph through the city.

Yeah, I pretty much always try to see the good side

Wendy P. 

As Jakee noted, tying someone up and leaving them on the railroad tracks goes well beyond 'careless'. 

Good grief, it's a cliche from "Dudley Do-right."

The 'rough ride' incidents in Baltimore should have been assault. And intentional homicide.
Those weren't 'reckless' or 'careless', they were intentional

The fact that they got away with it doesn't change the reality of the behavior.

21 minutes ago, wmw999 said:

I was talking about the ones standing on the track, who apparently got themselves (and no one else) killed.

Wendy P. 

Ah. My mistake.

The 2 that got hit by the train were careless and stupid. 
They were so focused on getting the suspect, they forgot to pay attention to where they were.

1 hour ago, jakee said:

Clearly ‘where trains go’ isn’t part of the Colorado police academy lesson plan but damn, should it need to be?

Agreed.

If you are too stupid to know not to park on train tracks, then you are way too stupid to be trusted with a badge and a gun.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, ryoder said:

Agreed.

If you are too stupid to know not to park on train tracks, then you are way too stupid to be trusted with a badge and a gun.

That's where you are wrong. This is murica. Let me rephrase that for you:

If you are too stupid to know not to park on train tracks, then you are way too stupid to be trusted with a badge.