stevemeg

What happens after a collision?

airtwardo

***Are you by chance a reporter / investigator / cheesehead? ;)

Nope. None of the above. Just a simple country skydiver who saw a near collision at the DZ and wondered if the reckless canopy pilot would have to answer for it if he had hurt the other guy.

Cool beans - name just reminded me of a Wisconsin journalist I use to know.

As to you query. . . It depends on the circumstances.

For example - sone asshat hotdogging it carelessly through the pattern an crashed into poor ole fragile me...no need to worry about lawers...

I would be held without bail!:ph34r:

Your to old for bail or jail :D

It's called hospice. :)
One Jump Wonder

jimjumper

Don't tell anybody but not all dropzones are USPA members and, contrary to popular belief, the SIM only applies to Group Member DZ's. Even then the legal obligations are pretty tenuous. Liabilities vary widely from state to state and federally.

SIM

USPA, AS A PRIVATE, NON-REGULATORY ORGANIZATION WHICH HAS NO LEGAL AUTHORITY TO REGULATE OR CONTROL INDIVIDUALS OR CORPORATIONS... Regardless of any statements made in any USPA publications, USPA has neither been given nor has it assumed any duty to anyone. .. All references by USPA to self-regulation refer to each individual person regulating or being responsible for him or herself. USPA issues various licenses, ratings, awards, and appointments and provides various types of information, advice, and training but does not authorize anyone in any capacity to act for USPA as an agent or representative in connection with the regulation or control of skydiving operations.

I'd say the legal obligations are zero. It appears, based on the SIM itself, that USPA has no real authority except to remove a member DZ from it's directory.
www.facebook.com/FlintHillsRigging

mcordell

***Don't tell anybody but not all dropzones are USPA members and, contrary to popular belief, the SIM only applies to Group Member DZ's. Even then the legal obligations are pretty tenuous. Liabilities vary widely from state to state and federally.

SIM

USPA, AS A PRIVATE, NON-REGULATORY ORGANIZATION WHICH HAS NO LEGAL AUTHORITY TO REGULATE OR CONTROL INDIVIDUALS OR CORPORATIONS... Regardless of any statements made in any USPA publications, USPA has neither been given nor has it assumed any duty to anyone. .. All references by USPA to self-regulation refer to each individual person regulating or being responsible for him or herself. USPA issues various licenses, ratings, awards, and appointments and provides various types of information, advice, and training but does not authorize anyone in any capacity to act for USPA as an agent or representative in connection with the regulation or control of skydiving operations.

I'd say the legal obligations are zero. It appears, based on the SIM itself, that USPA has no real authority except to remove a member DZ from it's directory.

USPA BSRs, SIMs, etc. are considered "best business practices" if a lawsuit discovers that a skydiver knowingly did something contrary to USPA the judge will find him/ guilty of reckless endangerment, public stupidity, etc .

Andy9o8

FWIW - If anybody asked me to give him (or publicly post) practical advice on how one might sue (or prosecute) one skydiver who'd been in an accident with another skydiver, chances are well over 90% I'd take a pass.

That's lawyer talk for maybe and that's final.:ph34r::D:D

Way to obvious[:/]

With your experience at the bar and your command of the English language you can do better than that.;)

If you weren't to busy.:D

Have a nice day.:)
One Jump Wonder