1 1
JerryBaumchen

Is MAGA Now Dead?

21 minutes ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi folks,

Looks like the GOP has now decided that MAGA is no longer the buzz word to success:  "Commitment to America"

House GOP unveils legislative agenda ahead of midterms : NPR

Who knows, it might just work.  NOT!

Jerry Baumchen

Kevin’s Plan

After all Republicans play by the rules.

On 9/23/2022 at 4:31 PM, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi folks,

Looks like the GOP has now decided that MAGA is no longer the buzz word to success:  "Commitment to America"

House GOP unveils legislative agenda ahead of midterms : NPR

Who knows, it might just work.  NOT!

Jerry Baumchen

MAGA is alive and well, living rent free in the minds of lefties.

Hi folks,

I'm thinking that this idiot will believe his own fantasies until he dies:  Courts on 62 different occasions ruled against Trump when he brought suits seeking to challenge the election based on fraud claims. 

Trump skirts testimony question in hostile 14-page Jan. 6 response | The Hill

14 pages of wasted paper.

Jerry Baumchen

35 minutes ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi folks,

I'm thinking that this idiot will believe his own fantasies until he dies:  Courts on 62 different occasions ruled against Trump when he brought suits seeking to challenge the election based on fraud claims. 

Trump skirts testimony question in hostile 14-page Jan. 6 response | The Hill

14 pages of wasted paper.

Jerry Baumchen

He is very upset that J6C has not discussed his crowd size.

• Like 2

MAGA is far from dead. DeSantis is gone all in for the MAGA base. Guns, abortion, immigration, Ukraine, etc. Whatever trump's position is Desantis is further right. At least because he never announced a candidacy. trump can't label him a loser.

If trump gets convicted next week. Will he tell his cell mate that he's a little AC DC?

9 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

MAGA is far from dead. DeSantis is gone all in for the MAGA base. Guns, abortion, immigration, Ukraine, etc. Whatever trump's position is Desantis is further right. At least because he never announced a candidacy. trump can't label him a loser.

If trump gets convicted next week. Will he tell his cell mate that he's a little AC DC?

2016 taught me to never make political predictions, but if I were a betting man I'd say DeSantis is spent.  He doesn't have the skills or the guts to take a meaningful stance against Trump; Trump is going to dance a jig on DeSantis' political grave while DeSantis continues to bow to the alter of Trump in order to not piss off the base, while simultaneously trying to take tiny pot-shots at Trump in order to frame himself as an alternative.  It'll do nothing but piss off everybody involved and embolden Trump for having taken down his biggest challenger....That'd be my prediction, if I was into the whole prediction game

8 hours ago, lippy said:

if I were a betting man I'd say DeSantis is spent.  He doesn't have the skills or the guts to take a meaningful stance against Trump; Trump is going to dance a jig on DeSantis' political grave while DeSantis continues to bow to the alter of Trump in order to not piss off the base, while simultaneously trying to take tiny pot-shots at Trump in order to frame himself as an alternative.  It'll do nothing but piss off everybody involved and embolden Trump for having taken down his biggest challenger....That'd be my prediction,

On the other hand, Biden's most outspoken critic wound up as VP.  

33 minutes ago, BIGUN said:

I guess stranger things have happened...I don't see Trump switching from making accusations that DeSantis was grooming high school kids to inviting him to be a running mate, but I've also never accused the man of being a sound decision-maker.

2 hours ago, BIGUN said:

Yes.. But pandering to the MAGA base is different than pandering to trump. DeSantis is normally fairly smart except when he goes into full MAGA electioneering.

Would he not be better served to wait until trump is gone.Either with a face to face with Lucifer or a prison warden? Then launch a run in a subsequent election.

24 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

Would he not be better served to wait until trump is gone.Either with a face to face with Lucifer or a prison warden? Then launch a run in a subsequent election.

DeSantis _may_ believe they are concurrent activities. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, lippy said:

2016 taught me to never make political predictions, but if I were a betting man I'd say DeSantis is spent

It looks that way from across the sea - and desantis keeps getting his ass handed to him by disney which just makes him look like an idiot

2 hours ago, Stumpy said:

It looks that way from across the sea - and desantis keeps getting his ass handed to him by disney which just makes him look like an idiot

But keep in mind his reporters don't see that.  They just see the FOX News headlines about how he owned Disney.

9 hours ago, lippy said:

I guess stranger things have happened...I don't see Trump switching from making accusations that DeSantis was grooming high school kids to inviting him to be a running mate, but I've also never accused the man of being a sound decision-maker.

Keep in mind that Trump has fawned over none other than Xi, KimJong Un and Putin.  Taking the angle of "yeah DeSantis was a pain, but I took him out behind the woodshed and now he's my bitch" won't strain him at all.

4 minutes ago, grimmie said:

Just popped over to bullshit mountain, aka Fox to see what they had to say about it. Their homepage has 3 links to stories about Don Lemon being dropped by CNN, but not a mention of Tucker. 

Keeping their readers in blissful ignorance is what they do best….

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Slim King said:

I bet they lose a huge percent of listeners as well as advertisers with the exception of Big Pharma.

You mean they're gonna lose tactical sunglasses, MyPillow and at-home catheters?!?!?!?!?!?!?! Ohhhhhh Noooooooooooooooooooo.

• Like 3